The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:25:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

YouTube, Obscure Composers, and Andras Szollosy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube, Obscure Composers, and Andras Szollosy  (Read 213 times)
magmasystems
Level 2

Times thanked: 11

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 04:23:20 pm »

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I went to YouTube and looked up two of my favorite composers, Andras Szollosy and Halvor Haug. I found recordings by each of the composers that originally appeared on CDs that I own.

For example, here is the Andras Szollosy topic on YouTube. The music seems to have been seeded by Hungaraton itself. There are also links to other Hungarian composers that have been published by Hungaraton:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWsZ2-TH22pDOZQVyfaVHA

Are the record companies now contributing music to YouTube that is now out-of-print? Is this becoming a standard practice with classical record companies? If so, then I hope that Supraphon and Electrecord will start to upload some of their catalog that is out-of-print.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jeff
Level 2

Times thanked: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 04:37:53 am »

Thanks for this.I too have noticed this practice.Naxos of America have uploaded some very interesting works.Regards
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: