The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:52:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Czech Music

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Czech Music  (Read 16619 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2014, 01:36:33 pm »

I got a nice response from Jakub Hrusa on his Facebook page to my suggestion that he try to do a commercial recording of the Kabelac :)
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2014, 08:20:40 am »

Thanks a lot to mjkFendrich for the Kabelac - I'm downloading it just now!
Report Spam   Logged
magmasystems
Level 2

Times thanked: 11

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2014, 03:26:57 pm »

Thanks very much for the Kabalec video. I am a long-time fan of Kabalec, starting with the the old "8 Inventions for Percussion, op 45", which I had on a old recording by Les Percussions de Strasbourg.
Report Spam   Logged
Amphissa
Level 2

Times thanked: 5

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2014, 11:51:38 pm »

I uploaded an unusual recording of music by Fibich, which had been lost over at UC. Thanks to fr8nks for the original upload. Enjoy.
Report Spam   Logged
jowcol
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2015, 09:48:16 pm »

Frantisek Emmert: Symphony 7

From the collection of Karl Miller

Brno State Philharmonic Orchestra
Frantisek Kilek, conductor

From the Czech Music Information Center:

After completing his studies in Prague he entered the Janacek's Academy of Performing Arts in Brno, where he studied composition with Jan Kapr (1961 - 1965). He continued as a postgraduate under guidance of Miloslav Istvan from 1967 to 1970. Since then he has become a lecturer in instrumentation and music theory at the Janacek's Academy, from 1975 he has lectured also in composition (in 2006 he was appointed professor). His compositional output includes such large music forms as symphonies, cantatas and oratorios, and more intimate pieces (vocal and chamber music). His Christian faith is a great source of inspiration for most of his works.
Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2015, 10:58:21 am »

After completing his studies in Prague he entered the Janacek's Academy of Performing Arts in Brno, where he studied composition with Jan Kapr (1961 - 1965). He continued as a postgraduate under guidance of Miloslav Istvan from 1967 to 1970. Since then he has become a lecturer in instrumentation and music theory at the Janacek's Academy, from 1975 he has lectured also in composition (in 2006 he was appointed professor). His compositional output includes such large music forms as symphonies, cantatas and oratorios, and more intimate pieces (vocal and chamber music). His Christian faith is a great source of inspiration for most of his works.

emmert's symphonies 6 and 9 are on utube..a search on first and last name combined should yeild them..
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2015, 11:06:12 am »

Another excellent and somewhat enigmatic czech composer is Kardos,Dezider(1914-1991)
a couple of his symphonies are on utube. Strange and compelling misc IMHO. not to be missed
Report Spam   Logged
ttle
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2015, 09:27:15 pm »

Another excellent and somewhat enigmatic czech composer is Kardos,Dezider(1914-1991)
a couple of his symphonies are on utube. Strange and compelling misc IMHO. not to be missed
Kardoš was actually Slovak (Hungarian speaking I suppose). The 6th symphony and Slovakofonia are more persuasive to my ears than the 7th, even though the latter builds on a powerful basis.
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2015, 06:17:41 am »

emmert's symphonies 6 and 9 are on utube..a search on first and last name combined should yeild them..
My ancestry is Czech-Slovak and my grandfather used to work in the Slovak coal mines before moving to Pennsylvania to do the same.
Emmert's 6th symphony (again on u-tube) really speaks to me as it is a bone-chilling account of a mine accident.

Emmert,František Gregor - Symphony No. 6 Mine Nelson
Brno State Philharmonic Orch,Jirí Belohlávek
1.16 h 45 min
2.Despiration - Hope
3.The Song of the Mining District
4.The Lamps Light
Report Spam   Logged
Gauk
Level 7

Times thanked: 58

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2015, 10:44:32 am »

The file I posted of Korte's "Story of the Flutes" was missing about a minute of music at the end for some reason. Now fixed.
Report Spam   Logged
Gauk
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »

Pavel Bořkovec

String Quartet No 1

Vlach Quartet

Those familiar with Bořkovec's music may find this a surprise. It is an early work from 1925 and written in a rather rhapsodic style, perhaps recalling Roslavets. The work is in one movement.

Mono sound only - source is a very old Supraphon LP.
Report Spam   Logged
jowcol
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2015, 01:17:10 pm »

I just posted Karel Husa's Concerto for Orchestra from Karl's Collection.  He was technically an American citizen by then, so I flipped an coin, and heads put him in the Czech composer section!
Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.
Gauk
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2015, 06:24:40 pm »

Czech music for winds

Jiří Jaroch - Metamorphoses for 12 winds

Chamber Harmony ensemble

Ivan Jirko - Sonata for 14 winds and timpani

1. Andante
2. Allegro con brio
3. Andante - allegro assai

Czech Phil. Wind Instruments Ensemble, cond. Vladimir Černý

Karel Janeček - Grand Symposium, chamber music for 15 solists

1. Introduction
2. Stories
3. Meditation
4. To action

Czech Phil. Wind Instruments Ensemble, cond. Vladimir Černý

Let me know if there is any problem with the links, please.
Report Spam   Logged
jowcol
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2015, 07:23:53 pm »

Music of Vitezslava Kaprálová

from the collection of Karl Miller

Partita for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 29 (1939)
Jindrich Duras, piano
Plzensky roshlasovy orchestr/Josef Blacky
Source LP: Supraphon 119174BG

For Ever; What is my Sorrow? Hands; The Letter
Jill Gomez, soprano
John Constable, piano
[15 APril 1988]

Report Spam   Logged

jowcol
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2015, 07:29:37 pm »

Bohuslav Martinu: Magic Nights

from the collection of Karl Miller

Daniela Sounova, soprano
Prague RSO/Bostock
[24 September 1990]
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: