The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:08:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Czech Music

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Czech Music  (Read 16772 times)
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2015, 06:17:41 am »

Frantisek Emmert: Symphony 7

From the collection of Karl Miller

Brno State Philharmonic Orchestra
Frantisek Kilek, conductor

From the Czech Music Information Center:

After completing his studies in Prague he entered the Janacek's Academy of Performing Arts in Brno, where he studied composition with Jan Kapr (1961 - 1965). He continued as a postgraduate under guidance of Miloslav Istvan from 1967 to 1970. Since then he has become a lecturer in instrumentation and music theory at the Janacek's Academy, from 1975 he has lectured also in composition (in 2006 he was appointed professor). His compositional output includes such large music forms as symphonies, cantatas and oratorios, and more intimate pieces (vocal and chamber music). His Christian faith is a great source of inspiration for most of his works.

emmert's symphonies 6 and 9 are on utube..a search on first and last name combined should yeild them..
My ancestry is Czech-Slovak and my grandfather used to work in the Slovak coal mines before moving to Pennsylvania to do the same.
Emmert's 6th symphony (again on u-tube) really speaks to me as it is a bone-chilling account of a mine accident.

Emmert,František Gregor - Symphony No. 6 Mine Nelson
Brno State Philharmonic Orch,Jirí Belohlávek
1.16 h 45 min
2.Despiration - Hope
3.The Song of the Mining District
4.The Lamps Light
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: