The Art-Music Forum
October 21, 2017, 10:31:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"Servilia" - opera by Rimsky-Korsakov

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Servilia" - opera by Rimsky-Korsakov  (Read 698 times)
christopher
Level 5

Times thanked: 57

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 11:36:13 am »

A friend of mine went into the Pokrovskaya opera this week and asked about the release of the CD. The lady there told him that it's not yet on sale but most probably will be at the premiere performance on 14th-16th September.
Report Spam   Logged
christopher
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 02:39:14 pm »

So this recording of Servilia has still not appeared.  I wonder if it ever will....

Meanwhile someone (presumably in Moscow) has put up what must be a bootleg, dated 06.05.2016 - here:

http://muz-color.ru/?s= сервилия

Links called:
Римский-Корсаков Сервилия, 3ч.
Римский-Корсаков Сервилия, 1ч.
Римский-Корсаков Сервилия, 2ч.
Report Spam   Logged
Hattoff
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 08:02:35 am »

Thank you very much for that. There is some audience noise but the sound is not at all bad.

Thanks to you I now have all of Rimsky's operas, and wonderful things they are too.
Report Spam   Logged
Hattoff
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 08:17:39 am »

By the way, you may already know that, there is a new DVD of the Maryinsky "Tale of the Tsar Saltan" due out. I have a poor recording of it but this should be much better. 
Report Spam   Logged
christopher
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:39 am »

Thank you very much for that. There is some audience noise but the sound is not at all bad.

Thanks to you I now have all of Rimsky's operas, and wonderful things they are too.

Hi Hatoff - I'm glad to have completed your R-K opera collection (and mine too)!  Can I encourage you to give a review/impressions of this piece?  What do you make of it, as a piece of music, and in terms of this particular recording?  How does it compare with R-K's other operas?  I have to confess that despite having them all, I rarely listen to them (with the partial exception of May Night), I much prefer his orchestral works.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: