The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:33:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

"Servilia" - opera by Rimsky-Korsakov

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Servilia" - opera by Rimsky-Korsakov  (Read 6740 times)
guest744
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2018, 04:15:42 pm »

With regard to the libretto of Servilia, I have compiled, if that's the right word, a 2-column (Russian and English) complete table of the texts. Knowing a smattering of Russian, marrying the Russian to the English was not difficult. I'd be quite happy to email the results to anyone; however, I have no idea what copyrights I'd be infringing. Like a few others on here, that completes my "collection" of the 15 R-K operas, but I have to say it does seem self-evident to me why the work has fallen into obscurity. Never mind! On the subject of Snow Maiden, I recently bought the Decca Grand Opera set and was astounded at the quality of the (genuine stereo) recording, considering it was recorded in 1955. Not quite up to the Solti Rheingold (1958), but very natural sounding. It can't really compete with Fedoseyev on HMV SLS but it's still worth having. By the way, the Servilia Russian text is in Cyrillic script. Well worth clueing up on that!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: