The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:29:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Composer Catalogues: Orchestral and Choral/Orchestral Music

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Composer Catalogues: Orchestral and Choral/Orchestral Music  (Read 5454 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 07:24:58 pm »

OK.

Questions ;D

Is Weinberg a Russian composer ???

Is Paul Juon a Swiss composer ??? ???
Report Spam   Logged
Christo
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

... an opening of those magic casements ...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 07:30:58 pm »

Both are 'Russian' - in the often complex meaning of that qualification.  ;D
Report Spam   Logged

… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.  RVW, 1948
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2012, 01:01:17 am »

The Country-by-Country Index of Composer Catalogues is now online at composers.gulabin.com  :) :)

It is complete and up to date (except for poor Franz Reizenstein: I can't make up my mind where to put him ::)) and is the first file on the site. It runs to sixteen pages.

The site is also now linked to my own website at www.gulabin.com
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 01:31:23 am »

Absolutely marvellous! I'm currently listening to the Louis Glass Symphony downloads via this same website. Thanks to Dundonnell,I can look up his all his orchestral compositions & any available recordings on his splendid website,in the twinkling of an eye! In other words,I sit here,with my feet up, supping my bedtime tipple,listening to music while you do all the back breaking slog! What more could a music lover want?!!Cheers! ;D

Seriously,thank you very much! :)
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 02:04:14 am »

I love the research/work ;D And if the outcomes are of use to others then that is very welcome and satisfying :) :)
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 02:14:56 am »

Indeed! Keep it up! I can't help wondering whether the powers that be behind a certain other forum might experience a need to make use of them!! ;D
I must say,you certainly have allot to do! There are allot of composers out there,both alive & deceased! By gum,I can actually remember a time when Havergal Brian was an exotic sounding name! ;D
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 03:22:48 am »

I would just like to take this opportunity again to thank all those members who point out additions to the works I list as on cd in my catalogues and to those who point out errors :) :)

I cannot emphasise enough how grateful I am to those who obviously take the trouble and time to scrutinize these lists so carefully :)

As you will perhaps realise I am working my way alphabetically through those composers whose music is available on here for download. There are a few composers however who defeat my best efforts to construct a workliist of any substance or value.
Report Spam   Logged
guest140
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2012, 12:53:13 pm »

To avoid double work you cataloguers should check the French Classical Music Forum http://musiqueclassique.forumpro.fr/ as well. Some members there do the same work. No every entry of the more than 2000 topic in the subforum "Les compositeurs" contains a complete work list, but many do. So worth to check out.

Best,
Tobias
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 12:11:36 am »

Thank you for that link, Tobias :)

It is extraordinary (well, maybe not ;D) that in this time of the global internet and a rapidly shrinking world the French should seem to stay quite apart, refuse to participate in English-speaking forums, like this, and maintain a quite separate, independent web presence. We have at least three active members from Germany on this forum whose command of the English language is absolutely perfect.....but, as far as I know, no-one from France has ever made themselves known either at GMG, UC or here :(
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:18 pm »

. . . I posted catalogues of the Orchestral Music of around 300 composers in the Composer Reference Section of that forum.

Rather than attempt to copy each and every one of these onto this forum......which would be (a) enormously time-consuming and (b) somewhat presumptuous of such a brand new member.....

Not at all . . . Please don't hesitate if you would like to do it!
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 01:58:06 pm »

I have added an Introduction to my Composer Catalogues at composers.gulabin.com

In that Introduction-which was long overdue-I hope that I have properly acknowledged my sources of information. I have noted the assistance I have received from other members of this forum-and that applies particularly to the work already done by Albion and kyjo :) :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: