The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:12:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Romanian Music

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romanian Music  (Read 4666 times)
Holger
Level 3

Times thanked: 25

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2012, 08:46:56 am »

First, many thanks for all your Romanian uploads, MVS. I had some of them but not all. I was glad to pick up a copy of Ion Dumitrescu's Concerto for Strings this way as I was still in search of it.

Thanks for pointing out some further information, britishcomposer. Some annotations: I don't know where the German Wikipedia page on Dumitrescu got the information from, but I don't think it's too reliable (several other sources, among them MGG and New Grove, differ from it.) Dumitrescu got a state award for his F Major Symphony in 1949, so 1955 cannot be the date of composition - I think 1948 is quite right. I am pretty sure it remained his only symphony - the German wikipedia is again the only source claiming the existence of a second one, but MGG say he had quit composing in the 1960s. The Concerto for Strings should be from 1956. It is based on his String Quartet he wrote in 1949.

Regarding Aladár Zoltán, it must be emphasized that the family name of this composer is really Zoltán, though it may sound strange. This often seems to be a matter of confusion, however, since Zoltán sounds more natural as a first name than Aladár to our ears (but for example, there is also a Slovak violinist whose name is Aladár Mozi).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: