The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:39:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

United States Music

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United States Music  (Read 33687 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 12:17:33 pm »

We wanted the big picture! ;D
I do wish someone would reissue Morton Goulds own recording of his 'Latin American Symphonette' with the LSO. An early digital recording on the Varese Sarabande label & never,as far as I can ascertain,released on cd. A fantastic embossed Aztec design on the front of the lavish gatefold sleeve & one of those now amusing warnings about possible damage to you're equipment. This is still the only time I have ever really warmed to Morton Gould. Exciting music,excitingly played & a truly spectacular recording. (The other items were quite good,too,but not as......!)I played it to death as a youngster & have always been disappointed by every other Morton Gould recording I have bought,since (although his third symphony on Albany has it's moments!).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: