The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:27:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Korndorg 3rd symphony

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korndorg 3rd symphony  (Read 335 times)
Malito
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2016, 08:50:08 pm »

I would love to record a copy of the Korndorf 3rd symphony.  I was willing to tape 80 minutes of it and lose the end but my computer won't even let me do that.  Is there a way to do that (records 80 minutes of the 95 minute symphony) or make one disc as far as I can and mid-recording put in a second disc?  Thanks a million! Malito

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest145
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:48:14 pm »

If the file is already on your computer (downloaded from YT), then you can use an editing program to split the file at whatever point you wish.

I use Audacity, which was recommended by some forum members several years ago and was a free download at that time (hopefully, it still is). This program allows you to perform many other editing functions which come in handy for different types of files -- click removal, removing lengthy silences (particularly at the beginning and end of recordings), split into however many tracks you wish, balance left and right channels when they're noticeably uneven, and much more. There are many other similar programs out there if you prefer something else.
Report Spam   Logged
Malito
Level 2

Times thanked: 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:55:26 pm »

Thanks very much, Latvian.  I'll try but I am such a neophyte with computers.  I guess my age of 73 will explain a lot to you.

I hear that Imants Kalnins 7th and Oboe Concerto are going to be performed any day now, maybe they already have.  MY friend Martins Saulespurens from Riga told me about it  He knows I am a nut case for everything Kalnins.  I was even supposed to meet him in Riga when we were there in 2010
but something came up at the past minute.  My wife and I LOVED Latvia and had the most wonderful visit with Martins' apartment on Elizabeth iela in downtown Riga near the conservatory.  One of the most wonderful vacations we ever had.

Malito
Report Spam   Logged
BrianA
Level 4

Times thanked: 29

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:27:33 am »

There is also an online link somewhere that allows you to download the Korndorf third pre-split in to two tracks with an overlap of a few seconds between them.  A bit on the crude side but adequate for my purposes.  When I get home I will try to find the link again and post it here.

Brian
Report Spam   Logged
Gauk
Level 7

Times thanked: 58

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 11:27:59 am »

Why do you want only 80 minutes of it? What do you mean by "discs"? Are you trying to put it on a CD?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: