The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:13:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Joseph Holbrooke from CPO

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joseph Holbrooke from CPO  (Read 11490 times)
guest140
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 09:26:26 am »

I recently bought the autograph manuscripts of "Clive of India, for brass band" by Holbrooke by the way. Now I would like to typeset and publish the score as I do it with all autograph manuscripts in my possession. Does anyone know how to contact the Holbrooke family?
And I noticed that the score of the work was published in 1941 by R. Smith & Co. I could not find an original copy at rare books shops, but noticed that the site www.justmusicuk.com sells copies for 50£. It looks like they just sell a copy from that old R. Smith & Co. publication, so that looks somehow suspicious to me. Does anyone here ever ordered from them?

I created a subpage to that Holbrooke piece on my website and wrote a first sketch, so if anyone is interested in it anyway: https://www.tobias-broeker.de/rare-manuscripts/joseph-holbrooke/

Best,
Tobias
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: