The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:12:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Polish Music

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polish Music  (Read 5507 times)
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 08:14:20 pm »

Wow! I can just seeing him whizzing off in his ski pants & goggles! Fair play to him! A man of action!! ;D
And he was an amateur photographer.  Which, in those days, involved quite a bit of work!
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 03:49:24 pm »

A Bloch's The Very Sleeping Beauty

It seems that the first of the rar-files was lost somewhere. I re-uploaded the file and corrected the link

Elroel
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 06:30:09 pm »

Many thanks to Matthias for the new recording of the Penderecki Double Concerto :)

A much superior, crisp recording of a work which-quite definitely-represents some sort of new (or should that be "old") direction for the composer ;D
Report Spam   Logged
fr8nks
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 01:20:18 pm »

Thanks from me also for the Penderecki Double Concerto. I find much of his music difficult to grasp but this was most enjoyable. Thanks for sharing it.
Report Spam   Logged
Caostotale
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »

Many thanks to A.S. for the Tansman choral pieces!
Report Spam   Logged
Caostotale
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

Simply remarkable, RBert12!
Report Spam   Logged
ttle
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 01:40:37 pm »

Kazimierz Serocki (1922 to 1981): his final orchestral work, Pianophonie for piano, "elektronické zvuky" and orchestra (1978)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ka3f78aaup17pzi

From a wireless broadcast. Performed by Szabolcs Esztényi and the Baden-Baden Radio Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Ernest Bour. Duration thirty-one minutes.

My Czech dictionary (Fronek) does not run to "zvuky" - the closest it comes is "zvykacka" meaning "chewing-gum." According to Grove's, "Pianophonie, with its incorporation of electronic transformation of much of the soloist's music, is a logical and memorable outcome of the composer's ceaseless and energetic application of performing techniques to expressive ends. Serocki was a musical abstractionist for whom colour was both decorative and substantive, both transitory and structural." So, this is posted in the hope that some will admire it - although I am impelled to confess that it doesn't appeal to me much . . . (I must now listen to the two early symphonies - thanks to Dundonnell - and see how they compare).

This is surprising, "zvuk" does mean "sound" in Czech and in some other Slavic languages, albeit not in Polish...  :-\
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 04:13:05 pm »

I have just heard this - and while the very beginning is a quite acidic, stay with it.
I am still stunned by some of the fine orchestral effects:

Wojciech, Kilar — Krzesany
Antoni Wit - Polish Natl RSO - Cracow Phil Chorus

http://classical-music-online.net/en/production/38131
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 05:10:04 pm »

. . . "zvuk" does mean "sound" in Czech . . .

Many thanks for that translation! I now see that in my ignorance I had not realized that in the dictionary the "ž" section was separate from the "z" section. And the reason why the programme notes were in Czech is simply that the broadcast came from Czech radio.
Report Spam   Logged
Gauk
Level 7

Times thanked: 58

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 08:28:22 am »

Krzysztof Meyer

Symphony No 6 Op. 57 "The Polish"

1. Adagio
2. Allegro Molto
3. Andante con moto
4. Allegro - Largo

North German Radio SO - Christopher Keene

One movement of this was linked in a discussion thread here two years ago; now here is the whole work, which as far as I can find is not available elsewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
jowcol
Level 5

Times thanked: 30

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 03:45:10 pm »

Under the "United States" composers downloads, I post a collection of Karl Miller's tracks of American Pianist Byron Janis's interpretations of some Chopin Mazurkas.  Enjoy.
Report Spam   Logged

All download links I have posted are for works, that, to  my knowledge, have never been commercially released in digital form.  Should you find I've been in error, please notify myself or an Administrator.  Please IM me if I've made any errors that require attention, as I may not read replies.
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 06:37:46 am »

Krzysztof Meyer

Symphony No 6 Op. 57 "The Polish"

1. Adagio
2. Allegro Molto
3. Andante con moto
4. Allegro - Largo

North German Radio SO - Christopher Keene

One movement of this was linked in a discussion thread here two years ago; now here is the whole work, which as far as I can find is not available elsewhere.
Thanks for the K. Meyer symphony, his music is not easy to find..
A very gifted and unique composer
His very powerful and compelling 7th can be heard here..don't miss it..

Meyer,Krzystof - Symfonie nr. 7
Nationaal Pools Radio Symfonie Orkest Katowice olv. Gabriel Chmura
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
http://www.concertzender.nl/programmagids/?date=2010-10-26&month=-51&detail=46086
Report Spam   Logged
ttle
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 09:23:28 am »

Prodowski, Stefan Boleslaw [1902-1967]

Double Bass Concerto, Jurek Dybal (double bass), Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra, Ruben Silva (conductor)

Broadcast BBC Radio 3 October 29 2016

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3p7abzjgslwp4ap/Prodowski_Db_Conc.mp3
As discussed with calyptorhynchus, the Radio 3 programme probably mixed the composer's name up a little bit. This is certainly the Double Bass Concerto by Stefan Bolesław Poradowski, completed in 1929. A note about him can be found here (no English version available):
http://www.polmic.pl/index.php?option=com_mwosoby&id=749&view=czlowiek&litera=18&Itemid=5&lang=pl
and his Eighth symphony can be heard on YouTube, it may have been posted here before.
Report Spam   Logged
shamus
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 05:40:28 am »

Bacewicz Cello cto no. 2 uploaded, not sure of provenance, so if needs taken down tell me
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 11:51:00 am »

I have posted (in both the Belarusian and Polish sections) up some piano music and songs by the Belarusian/Polish composer Yan Tarasevich (also spelt Jan Tarasiewicz).  The below is google-translated from his Belarusian-language Wikipedia page:

Yan Tarasevich (Polish: Jan Tarasiewicz; September 23, 1893, Sokolka now Podlasie, Poland - June 18, 1961..) - Polish and Belarusian composer, pianist and teacher.

He received his musical education in St. Petersburg. He participated in the creation of the Belarusian People's Republic. He worked in the Belarusian school in Grodno. Then he lived mainly in Sakolshchyne.
He wrote music for piano, choral and desktop, as well as songs. Inspired by Belarusian folklore. He left behind 113 compositions and one unfinished concerto.
In 2013, in Bialystok took place Yan Tarasevich Festival, dedicated to the music of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

https://be.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ян_Тарасевіч

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: