The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:59:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Duttons between now and January

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duttons between now and January  (Read 5988 times)
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 06:19:09 pm »

I was especially hoping for the Sullivan and Brian, two of my favourites, but I will enjoy some of this offering too, I suppose.

Ditto - however, the Armstrong Gibbs and Cyril Scott are musts for me ...

:)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 01:14:18 am »

With Dutton, as with CPO, a degree of patience is required ::) Whatever virtues I may possess patience is not one I can claim with any sincerity ;D

The problems arise from the fact that we are fortunate to know in advance the music which these two companies have "in the can" and some of us then chafe at the bit waiting for the cd releases to become available.

Since Lyrita are keeping everything under strict wraps we can speculate but without any certainty about what might be forthcoming.

I am not sure which state I prefer ;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest128
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 07:18:17 pm »

With Dutton, as with CPO, a degree of patience is required ::) Whatever virtues I may possess patience is not one I can claim with any sincerity ;D

The problems arise from the fact that we are fortunate to know in advance the music which these two companies have "in the can" and some of us then chafe at the bit waiting for the cd releases to become available.

Since Lyrita are keeping everything under strict wraps we can speculate but without any certainty about what might be forthcoming.

In any case you might I suspect have a bit of music in reserve to tide you over.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 07:31:10 pm »

In any case you might I suspect have a bit of music in reserve to tide you over.

How very true :)
Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

Times thanked: 18

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 12:08:15 am »

There's a couple listed on the website today.  Braunfels

http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLX7327

I guess they hope to torture us with one release per day!!??
Report Spam   Logged
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

Times thanked: 33

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 07:25:45 pm »

Bortkiewicz and Maliszewski are added too! A treat they seem to go for the SACd-format too!
Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 01:53:42 pm »

And more coming very soon!

Veale and John Gardner  No 2 each; Havergal Brian No 2 & 14 (with all sixteen horns and organ) – sounds terrific; Sullivan Shakespearean Theatre music; Dale, Walthew, Waldo Warner & Rebecca Clarke – music for viola and orchestra; Walton & Bliss Violin Concertos (original version of Walton) – Hubert Clifford most of the unrecorded orchestral music, including that written in Australia.  Watch this space, as one or two may be saved for Christmas.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 02:26:58 pm »

"very soon"........"for Christmas" ::)
Report Spam   Logged
guest251
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 07:54:09 am »

"very soon"........"for Christmas" ::)
this Christmas??  ??? ;)
and what of the other releases slated for Feb/March?  :o
Report Spam   Logged
tapiola
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 10:34:16 am »

I think the time has arrived to "go silent".
Report Spam   Logged
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 01:40:17 pm »

New additions on Dutton's website: 3 SACD's, mostly British music I think.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2016, 02:26:25 pm »

This is rather annoying. I put in an order directly to Dutton yesterday for the Braunfels and Maliszewski releases. I shall now have to put in a further order for the new releases of British music.

Why on earth Dutton, knowing perfectly well that they were about to release six new cds, could not have waited and put all their new releases on their website simultaneously I do not understand ::)

Regarding future releases...I do hope that the Havergal Brian disc and the Gardner/Veale disc will not be long delayed. I know that the HBS is anxious to see the Brian available before too long.
Report Spam   Logged
M. Yaskovsky
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2016, 03:38:23 pm »

Under European Law you've the right to cancel both orders and re-order the whole bunch of (SA)CD's into one order.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 03:17:46 pm »

The Maliszewski and Braunfels discs arrived today.....despite the fact that the Braunfels was listed on the Dutton website as a "pre-order".

I presume that the RVW/Armstrong Gibbs/Scott-Bax-Butterworth discs will now follow.
Report Spam   Logged
Toby Esterhase
Level 7

Times thanked: 117

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2016, 11:42:08 pm »

The Maliszewski and Braunfels discs arrived today.....despite the fact that the Braunfels was listed on the Dutton website as a "pre-order".

I presume that the RVW/Armstrong Gibbs/Scott-Bax-Butterworth discs will now follow.
Dear Dundonnell
I've ordered it Yesterday.
http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDLX7324
I've some doubts on Amazon sometimes they give available titles out of stock and they want employ Always more expensive way of shipping
Best
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: