The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:07:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Orchestras and their Principal Conductors, c.1920- : General

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orchestras and their Principal Conductors, c.1920- : General  (Read 514 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2015, 01:58:25 am »

I have now "completed" this series covering many of the world's most prominent orchestras and their principal conductors/musical directors from roughly 1920 to the present day.
There are currently 204 orchestras listed.

I have been adding a few orchestras to the national lists over the past few days. Examples include the Glyndebourne Festival Opera, the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra, the Budapest Symphony Orchestra (otherwise known as the Hungarian Radio and Television Symphony Orchestra), the North Carolina Symphony Orchestra and Virginia Symphony Orchestra in the USA, and the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra in Canada. I am happy to add other orchestras if anyone cares to suggest them to me. I am very aware that there are cases of particular countries-eg Spain-where coverage is thin.

There have been a few corrections pointed out to me.

This project has involved a considerable amount of research. I do hope that the lists will be of some use or interest to others. The websites of most (but by no means all) orchestras and the Wikipedia articles on orchestras do contain such lists but I did think that bringing them together in one place might be helpful.

I know that not everyone shares my 'passion' for lists  ;D....but I enjoy the research involved and sharing with others.....etc etc etc. :)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 12:25:19 am »

..........no comment ???
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 02:17:02 am »

......oh well...never mind.

A bit sad really :(
Report Spam   Logged
guest140
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:55:45 am »

Hey, I created a 2500 page book with research information from 10 years which was downloaded more than 4000 times from my website and received how many e-mails with comments and thank-yous in one and a half year?:

Thats how it works.

Best,
Tobias
Report Spam   Logged
erato
Level 2

Times thanked: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 03:34:07 pm »

Just because we're rude doesn't mean we aren't grateful!   :'(
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 04:02:54 pm »

I am sorry :-[

I was just in a mood of self-pity :-[

You are quite right Tobias. It is the nature of the internet that research material goes up, people DO use it but seldom comment. I am-undoubtedly-as guilty of that as others :(

Apologies!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: