The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:23:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Austrian Music

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Austrian Music  (Read 1898 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:32:48 pm »

I have uploaded Schreker's wonderful opera Der Schatzgräber (1915-18) in the 1968 ORF broadcast - a bit boomy, but far superior to the disappointing Capriccio set.

:)
Marvellous! Thank you,Albion! :) I have been waiting to hear a decent performance of this opera ever since hearing the Radio 3 broadcast in 1985,I think,conducted by Lothar Zagrosek. I remember the woman singing in the lead role had a stunningly beautiful voice. Her singing was really that lovely! I also remember that I had a Landlord at the time & his brother who came to stay with him obviously wasn't that keen,but I remember him saying what a beautiful voice she had. I have now located your response to my original post relating to this performance & singer on the U***** C******** forum :o ;D informing me that her name was Ana Pusar! Not exactly a household name (over here,anyway),but ooh,she was good. Yet,when Capriccio issue a premiere recording we get the equivalent of an aural scythe!! :o :( :( (I remember the Gramophone reviewer referring to this aspect of her vocal abilities!!) Dear,oh dear!! :( Also,I remember the sumptuousness of the 1985 performance. The orchestra was fantastic! Why couldn't someone have brought THAT performance out on cd?!!!! It's crazy!!! I actually taped it at the time,but my grotty cassette player of the time chewed the tapes up!!!!
Anyway,thank you so much Albion. Although,having said that,ingrate as I am,if anyone out there has tapes of that 1985 performance,imho,you REALLY would be doing everyone a big favour by providing us with an upload! Particularly for Ana Pusar,but also for that wonderful orchestral playing. (In fact,as far as I can remember,all the other performers were very good) Also,it's the first performance I ever heard! If only someone would release it on cd!!
In the meantime,I can't wait to hear this one!!!!! :) :) :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: