The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:27:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Austrian Music

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Austrian Music  (Read 1892 times)
JimL
Level 3

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:00:26 am »

... some technicalities slightly off topic, but in response to the former post:

Erich Jaques Wolff (1874 - 1913)
       Violin Concerto E flat op.20 (1909)

Thx for that one but the file is encoded at an unusual sample rate, especillay for a radio broadcast.

I've recorded this originally via DVB/cable as transport stream (M2TS), containing 2 audio tracks
- MP2 (not MP3) at 320 kBps , 48.000 kHz
- AC3 at 448 kBps, 48.000 kHz
and extracted the latter, which resulted in a slightly smaller file size than that posted on Mediafire.

At the moment I am trying to find a final format for such types whithout reencoding to some other lossy format.
The m4a/MP4-files I've produced from aac/ac3 without any reencoding (just adding a container around, via X-Media Recode)
are sometimes not recognized as correct audio files by Foobar2000.

So in order to provide a quick solution without loosing the original quality I decided to reencode it as FLAC, which
to my own surprise resulted in a file that is only slightly larger than its lossy AC3 counterpart.
It converted quite well to MP3.  It has been duly split and labelled and is, as they say, "in the can".
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: