The Art-Music Forum
April 23, 2019, 10:02:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

British and Irish Music

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British and Irish Music  (Read 20887 times)
the Administration
Administrator
Level 3

Times thanked: 41

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 03, 2019, 12:39:05 am »

It is probably worth reminding members that in order to locate a particular piece of British music uploaded and made available thereby for downloading the first port of call is the Catalogue compiled over several years by Albion (John). This can be located by going to Page 1 of the British and Irish Music section of "Downloads by Nationality" and clicking on the Mediafire link. That opens up an alphabetically organised series of sub-folders containing links to each piece of music.

Albion was not able to visit the forum for much of 2018 but I know that he has already copied many if not all works uploaded last year and made these separately available from the Catalogue.

Rather than searching through past posts the Catalogue should be consulted first.

It is also worth remembering that this is the finest, most comprehensive collection of British music available for free download in existence anywhere!! It remains an incredible testimony to the generosity of those members who uploaded (and continue to upload) their private collections for the benefit and enjoyment of others! The catalogue we owe to Albion and the vast amount of work he put/puts in to create the collection.
Report Spam   Logged
Hattoff
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 03, 2019, 06:57:39 pm »

Hear Hear to that.
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 5

Times thanked: 45

Henry Hugo Pierson (1815-1873)

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 04, 2019, 07:12:06 pm »

It is also worth remembering that this is the finest, most comprehensive collection of British music available for free download in existence anywhere!! It remains an incredible testimony to the generosity of those members who uploaded (and continue to upload) their private collections for the benefit and enjoyment of others! The catalogue we owe to Albion and the vast amount of work he put/puts in to create the collection.

Many thanks for the kind comments. I have tried to keep on top of the various broadcasts but, due to health reasons, have not been as rigorous as I would ideally like. Therefore, could members who upload off-air material please ensure that any links provided remain valid.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it. (SG, 1922)
Albion
Level 5

Times thanked: 45

Henry Hugo Pierson (1815-1873)

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 08, 2019, 07:28:12 pm »

At long last I have belatedly added the Canadian Rhapsody, Op.67 (1905) by Alexander Mackenzie to the archive, by far the most significant "new recording" in the BBC Composer of the Week survey of his music. I have also uploaded an mp3 of the Youtube performance of Parry's Judith, although this is not, as yet, listed in the catalogue...

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it. (SG, 1922)
jimfin
Level 4

Times thanked: 21

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 13, 2019, 03:11:48 am »

That sounds wonderful! I'm always up for more Mackenzie. But I can't seem to find it in the Downloads Catalogue
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 129

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: February 13, 2019, 10:51:28 am »

It is there. I downloaded it two days ago. It is the fifth item under "Ma".
Report Spam   Logged
jimfin
Level 4

Times thanked: 21

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 15, 2019, 08:14:07 am »

Found it, thank you! A wonderful start to the weekend
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: