The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:27:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Russian and Soviet Music

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian and Soviet Music  (Read 23161 times)
pianoconcerto
Level 1

Times thanked: 2

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2017, 04:12:38 pm »

"Malcolm Henbury-Ballan (MHBallan on here) has been kind enough to send me his DAT-format cassette on which this Lyrical Intermezzo was recorded, together with a number of other Bortkiewicz works (see below).  I have transferred them to MP3 format and put in the Downloads section. According to Malcolm all come from the archives of Austrian Radio and were recorded in the 1940s and 1950s.  I hope you enjoy.  Many thanks to Malcolm! Both Ukraine and Russia can claim Bortkiewicz, so I have put these recordings in the downloads sections for both countries!"

Please note that this recording of Bortkiewicz's Piano Concerto No. 1 is heavily cut in the last movement, which runs only 4:33 vs. Hyperion's complete recording of 12:14.  Apparently, performers used to take a lot of liberties with the score; there are different cuts marked by hand in the score on IMSLP and Marjorie Mitchell's recording has various omissions, too.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: