The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:02:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Russian and Soviet Music

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian and Soviet Music  (Read 22992 times)
ttle
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:34 pm »

Thank you Sicmu for the Georgi Nyaga symphony. It's not that common to run across Moldovan music of any kind. Here's a stitch of biographical detail:

Born in Bucharest, Romania, the son of composer Stefan Nyaga (1900-1951). He studied violin at the Moscow Conservatory and composition with Leonid Gurov at the Kishinev (now Chisinau) Conservatory, remaining at the latter school as a teacher and administrator. His catalogue covers varied genres from opera to solo instrumental pieces. He wrote 2 other Symphonies, Nos. 1 (1957) and 3 (1983) as well as a Chamber Symphony for Solo Violin, Violins, Piano, Clarinet and Soprano (1982).

A works list is available at:
http://russiancomposers.org.uk/page903.html

A search through Worldcat suggests that his compositions featuring violin were pretty well-received. Aside from that, there's not much info to be found.

Gheorghe Neaga ("Georgi Nyaga" is the standard reverse transliteration of the Russian transliteration...) passed away in 2003 in the USA. I recently found the score of his sonata for violin and piano in London, and shall let you know what I think once I have sight-read through it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: