The Art-Music Forum
January 21, 2020, 11:26:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare (non-copyright) recordings, and discuss all the Arts in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight. To participate, simply log in or register.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Russian and Soviet Music

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian and Soviet Music  (Read 10943 times)
Caostotale
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »

Though I may respectfully disagree with the stylistic tastes of the people at 'Unsung Composers', I did like the way they partitioned discussion and download links. In the spirit of that arrangement...

Thank you Holger for the Rakov pieces. I don't know much of his work aside from several piano sonatinas that he composed. The only work of his that I've heard is a short piano concerto (no. 2) that Fyrexianoff has posted on Youtube. That work is pretty much the definition of lightness, clarity and is well-described by the comment that suggests a 'Russian Poulenc.'

After reading his bio on Wikipedia and noting the strict conservatism of his style, I find it rather interesting that Edison Denisov was one of his students, as he's one of the more boldly avant-garde composers to work in Russia during that time.

Bio at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Rakov

His music (including LPs) has also been cataloged at the following site:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ovar/rakov.htm

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:01:57 am by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: