The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:31:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Truly Bizarre behavior at Unsung Composers

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truly Bizarre behavior at Unsung Composers  (Read 6878 times)
shamus
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:07:30 pm »

Yeah, I should have kept my own peace, too, but let's not let this site go bad, also, by concentrating on something that went wrong in someone else's constricted world.
 This site is way too much better and it is such a consolation to have a place to go. And fortunately there is no reason why we can't discuss romantic composers (whom many of us love) here as much as we want.
 I often think of Ernest Hemingway's story "A Clean Well-Lighted Place", and how it suggests how just knowing there's a place you can go and not be ill-treated is so important. I like talking about how the music makes me feel, more than focusing on musicological intricacies. I appreciate that I hear less about whose music I "should" like or not here--I will make that decision myself.
Sydney did a wonderful thing by giving us this place to come to. If someone wants to have their "own" forum, indeed, they can do what they want with it, and as Tobias says no one is required to go there. The word "forum" has always suggested an exchange of ideas from many viewpoints, rather than a place for someone to control the content, perhaps a blog would be the best place for that.
I am sorry so many people have been hurt, including myself in small ways, and I hope that people who can so easily strike out at others and cause pain can come to terms with what is hurting themselves enough to make them do that. It is hard to be forgiving when people I have come to regard as "friends"  are attacked, but fighting meanness with the same is a black hole I can no longer afford.
Perhaps we all can contribute more to this forum, more uploads, more genuine expressions of delight with this massive field of classical music, from any era with a clearer feeling of safety. Sometimes, even here, I am ignored or picked at but there is more than enough good and hopeful stuff to keep me coming back, anyway.
So be warned, I am here. I don't feel being open to many sides or many opinions makes me wishy-washy, though I do consider most serious music to have a spiritual sense to it and responses to nebulous things such as spirituality, while very personal may still have some value when one attempts to share them with others.
Oh well. Jim
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: