The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:21:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Truly Bizarre behavior at Unsung Composers

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truly Bizarre behavior at Unsung Composers  (Read 6861 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2015, 04:00:32 pm »

Just one question - and I don't have a side in this whole story -: Is Alan the owner of the website and the forum? And if that is so, I think it is his good right to say his opinion on romantic and ban whoever he wants. Its like a shop: If you like it go there and show good behaviour. If you spoil the party, the owner kicks you out. And if you don't like the shop you go shopping elsewhere. So where is the problem?

Best,
Tobias

Yes, I understand that he is one of the two co-owners of the site and, again, yes he has the right therefore to define the parameters for what may be included and what may be excluded from discussion. The issue-one of many-was that those parameters were changed after several members, including myself, had given so much of our time and of the fruits of our research to the site. We were then-essentially-informed that our commitment and our contributions were henceforward of no value.

"....show good behaviour....."    "....spoil the party...."  ??? ???

These are perhaps somewhat emotive phrases to describe the "conduct" of the members so unceremoniously "kicked out".

I was banned because I had the temerity to contact a few other members and to inform them that I had been told by email that I was both "obsessional" and "unable to work with others".

It is a moot point whether an "obsession" is in fact a "bad thing" ;D I freely confess to being obsessional about my desire to communicate my enthusiasms about a lot of 20th century orchestral music to others, Is that "wrong" ??? If you don't like my posts then don't read them ;D  And "unable to work with others" ??? ???

.....However...this has unfortunately reopened very real wounds which I would have much preferred to have forgotten and it is entirely my own fault that I have allowed myself to write this response.

There is really nothing more I should or will add. I have better things now to do with my time.....and contributing to this site is-hopefully-one of them :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: