The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:46:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Rodion Shchedrin talking about Tikhon Khrennikov

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rodion Shchedrin talking about Tikhon Khrennikov  (Read 615 times)
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 01:27:14 pm »

???

In the light of what might be called COMPOSERS VARIOUSLY SLATED above...

... it seemed worth pointing out that back in the Imperial Russian days of yore, composers such as Tchaikovsky (who, just like Shostakovich, didn't hesitate at putting his ability at the service of the State) didn't just get their wrists slapped...
That's not for me to answer.

Anyway, it was not with anything of the kind in mind that I wrote as I did in my first response here, my motivation on the contrary being that Shchedrin's attempts to rehabilitate a composer who was once in an official position of power and who even at the age of around 90 continued to defend what have been widely described as some of the less favourable of his actions vis-à-vis certain of his compatriots ring rather hollow if for no better reason than that TK was a minor figure among 20th century Russian composers and the entire exercise risks descending into special pleading.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:03:35 pm by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: