The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:22:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

* Glyndebourne Opera Streaming Relay * CUNNING LITTLE VIXEN - Sunday 10th June

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: * Glyndebourne Opera Streaming Relay * CUNNING LITTLE VIXEN - Sunday 10th June  (Read 527 times)
guest54
« on: June 12, 2012, 04:12:20 pm »

Just as in the case of the Turn of the Screw, the "Flash Video Downloader" for Firefox is useful for those wishing to retain a permanent record of the event. There are two files: Act I and Act II. The interface of the "Flash Video Downloader" is I find rather confusing, and it does download slowly. There were no problems with Act I but in the case of Act II I had success only on the third attempt, but this is probably because my inter-web connection is not wonderful.

It is quite disconcerting that each of these Acts is preceded by five minutes of tasteless babble (in the same style as Radio 3 these days). I think it would be better were all that to be supplied in separate streams for those who might want to have it. Particularly disagreeable is the very beginning of the first stream, where the first thing we hear is one of those American women with a hard grating voice waffling away. I have no idea who she is or what she is doing there, since I muted the sound as quickly as I could. The Turn of the Screw last year did not have that kind of unnecessary and unwelcome stuffing.

I am not qualified to say anything about the opera itself, except that it is well worth watching for the sake of the music and other things. Will other members tell us what they think?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: