The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:55:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Daniel Jones - Symphonies 6 and 7 - BBC re-broadcast

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daniel Jones - Symphonies 6 and 7 - BBC re-broadcast  (Read 429 times)
britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2014, 02:41:03 pm »

BBC Radio 3 is going to re-brodcast two recordings of Daniel Jones's Symphonies 6 and 7 conducted by Bryden Thomson.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mb4jc
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Gauk
Level 7

Times thanked: 58

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 10:59:51 pm »

Excellent!
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:52:17 am »

Thanks for the lead..another most interesting Welsh composer who should be played at the Proms as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:29:23 am »

Thanks for the lead..another most interesting Welsh composer who should be played at the Proms as well.

just a reminder to pick this up now..
Report Spam   Logged
Jim
Level 2

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:34:07 pm »

I have these Cds but great he is getting some exposure. I also love the cantata, The Country Beyond The Stars; lovely poetry too so can't see why it isn't it being done!
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 01:59:31 pm »

And Daniel Jones Symphony No 4 is scheduled for Thursday evening's 'Radio 3 Live in Concert'. I must remember to record this. I'll be using a cassette deck.Presumably someone here will have something more up-to-date?! ;D I'm not much good at this kind of thing,so I hope this link works (click on "show more...")!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mbnzb
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 06:48:11 pm »

And Daniel Jones Symphony No 4 is scheduled for Thursday evening's 'Radio 3 Live in Concert'. I must remember to record this. I'll be using a cassette deck.Presumably someone here will have something more up-to-date?! ;D I'm not much good at this kind of thing,so I hope this link works (click on "show more...")!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mbnzb

Thanks so much for the lead to Jones no. 4
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:19 pm »

Live broadcast performance of Daniel Jones Symphony No 4 beginning now,on R3! His daughter Catherine Roberts introduced it. There were two Bagatelles by Jones and the first ever broadcast of a home tape recording of Dylan Thomas,by Jones,earlier in the evening. I hope someone is recording this with more up to date equipment than me. If not.................
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:35:42 pm »

t's not a Nakamichi Red Dragon,but I think it was quite good for the price! ;D One of the last cassette decks in production. I thought I'd grab one before they stopped making them. Wonderful music this. Grave,lyrical,sombre. The second movement is very exciting.Full of Welsh fantasy. The reception sounds pretty good on the headphones. I haven't had time to put up the fm stereo aerial so I'm using the one for the tv,via a diplexer! All I need is that lead and I can make a cd-r! I'm enjoying this performance. Why can't R3 do a cycle with Grant Llewellyn now?!
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:37 pm »

Great performance! In my determination to record the interviews with his daughter and the Dylan Thomas home tape recording,etc;there is,unfortunately,a side break in the third movement! Okay here,of course,for the sense of occasion,but maybe not for an upload here! Anyone got the third movement intact for an upload?! You have the technology!!
Report Spam   Logged
britishcomposer
Level 3

Times thanked: 36

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »

Sorry, when I posted this link first I was sure Symphonies No. 6 and 7 were programmed, now I see it's 7 and 8!  ???
Have I made a mistake or did they change the programme?

EDIT: Well, the announcer clarified that Nos 7 and 8 were broadcast instead of 6. Should have listened before lamenting.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: