The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:48:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

My first piece of modern music.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first piece of modern music.  (Read 2433 times)
Ian Moore
Level 3

Times thanked: 20

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 06:04:14 pm »

If you look at my other work, you hopefully you will find a lot of originality.  This is my first (student) work in a modern style.  As Ahinton suggests, I would have hoped that people find it interesting looking at where I started and how I got to where I am now. Borrowing ideas from Great composers, isn't a new or unique concept.  Didn't Picasso say,

I good artist borrows and great artist steals.

This thread is purely for historical reasons and a bit a of fun if I could anyone to guess the less obvious influences!

Gauk, I have tried my best to get people to comment on the quality and the impact of the music.  People like Ahinton kindly oblige but it is a never-ending battle.  I don't think you have commented; what do you think of it? (Obviously taking into account it was written many years ago as a young man). I am genuinely interested in your opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Revolutions are celebrated when they are no longer dangerous.
-Boulez

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: