The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:40:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Members' compositions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Members' compositions  (Read 935 times)
Ian Moore
Level 3

Times thanked: 20

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 09:19:08 pm »

Hey, everyone.  I'm trying to get people to use the member's composition thread.  I admit your discussion is really interesting but guys, ...you've completely changed the subject.
Report Spam   Logged

Revolutions are celebrated when they are no longer dangerous.
-Boulez
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 10:05:17 am »

Hey, everyone.  I'm trying to get people to use the member's composition thread.  I admit your discussion is really interesting but guys, ...you've completely changed the subject.
Whilst there certainly are some composers among the membership here, I have no idea how many or what proportion of the overall membership they represent; however, one thing that I'm sure of is that, if any of them want to initiate discussions of their work on this forum, they will no doubt do so as, when and how they may choose.
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 07:45:03 pm »

Ok... I'll carry on then.
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez
ahinton
Level 6

Times thanked: 30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 09:10:18 pm »

Ok... I'll carry on then.
It's your call, just as it is that of any other composer members here; that said, some composer members of this form might prefer that others initiate discussion of their work here rather than do so themselves although, of course, either route is feasible...
Report Spam   Logged
Ian Moore
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 09:11:07 am »

I would love other people to get a discussion going about my work.  But I am realistic.  First, they have to get to know my music which unfortunately for me means that I have to spend a lot of time encouraging people to watch and listen to my videos.  It's kind of a 'Catch 22' situation.  Without people actually listening to my music that can't discuss it. Without discussion and interest no-one is going to listen to my music.  It also provides me with valuable feedback.  Sometimes, it looks like I'm not listening but deep down, I'm taking it all in.
I enjoy talking about music. Listening to other people's views and thinking about music is essential to my intellectual growth.

I feel like I'm hogging the members composition thread when I was expecting to blend in. I also think I'm putting people off - they think that all of the music should be like mine.  It doesn't matter about style. Anyone should feel comfortable putting anything there.  I don't know whether anything I have said is true of any other member-  it's just the way I feel.
Report Spam   Logged

-Boulez

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: