The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:34:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Nabil Benabdeljalil - Symphonie Marocaine en quetre tableaux

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nabil Benabdeljalil - Symphonie Marocaine en quetre tableaux  (Read 103 times)
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2014, 12:04:29 pm »

Colleagues might like this (unless, of course, everyone except me knows it already !).

Excuse me for being a nuisance - and it's not a new thought either - but I still rarely know whether any post I make here of what seems 'new' or unusual music is actually of any slightest interest to people (or any of my other posts for that matter). Not necessarily suggesting we go down the road of 'likes' as some other sites do, but a number count to show who's actually opened the post doesn't really tell much.
 If I find a post that enthuses me, I'll often try to leave a brief 'thanks' - think I'd even prefer a comment asking 'what on earth are you doing posting such rubbish'; at least I'd know where people stood & could leave well alone !

Any thoughts, please, from AMF regulars ?
Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

shamus
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:33:05 pm »

Hi Clive, this may be a bit long-winded, but I wanted to tell you that sometimes I feel the same way, I try to share something that seems to me interesting and new, such as some contemporary Latvian music I put up awhile ago and there were no responses, thank yous, nor kiss-my-asses at all. One might at first feel insulted or neglected or overlooked until one realizes that, this being a free--and much less censorious forum than others (guess?)--that anything of serious music that interests you is fair game for inclusion, whether anyone else shares your feelings or not. I am hooked on novelty, so I like to hear just about anything, at least until I don't like it or as long as I feel I can enjoy it or may want to hear it again sometime. You seem gloriously curious, as well as able to spot gems, and I applaud you for this, and I hope you don't stop trying to put up things. For example, I haven't listened to the latest YouTube piece you offered, but I will, and I won't feel any less of you if it doesn't suit me. I don't fit in the "musicological" realm at all, where it seems to me that entire treatises result wherein zealots are fighting over which accidental in which measure of whatever piece of music is misplaced or misconstrued, as if that is going to make a difference to the large majority of music listeners. We who like Classical music are in the minority anyway, so the possible fact that probably 90% of music listeners in this world are responding to something not as related to sonority or harmony or development, experimentation, etc. at all, as much as to beat, rhythm and the sense of propulsion that makes one want to move, move, move. And I like to dance to popular music as well as anyone, though I am old and consider myself best advised to do it in the privacy of my own room with the door closed. So, I don't know if it helps or not. Often I prefer to throw a thank you out as a PM, because I like entries that have a little more substance to them. I can't analyze anything for you or anyone else, but I can tell you that we have met at least sonico-spiritually for a moment when we do, and I will endeavor to do express my appreciation, not only to you, but to the other great people here who contribute pieces or ideas. Please don't despair, and don't stop being who you are--an obviously intelligent and kind person who wishes to share his joy with others. Joy, to me, needs not be analyzed but celebrated. So, lets keep plugging, and keep celebrating, but most of, let's keep having this maximum of fun that great (even not-so great) music affords us. I chose not to PM this, because I don't think you are alone in your feelings and concerns. I appreciate you, Jim
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 08:17:22 pm »

Mr. Jim - so kind of you to take such trouble; I can happily keep posting just for one, if that's all it's to be !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: