The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:18:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

ÉMILE JAQUES-DALCROZE

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ÉMILE JAQUES-DALCROZE  (Read 765 times)
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:44:56 am »

Program dedicated to the Swiss composer ÉMILE JAQUES-DALCROZE in which the following books are available:

Janie: Prélude et Danse Villageoise (12'20''). Poème alpine (10'12''). Sancho: Ballet Suite (13'52''). Orch. Sinf. Moscow. Dir: Adriano. 1914 Impressions tragiques (17'00''). Cappella and Moscow Orch. Sinf. Moscow. Dir: Adriano

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/los-raros/raros-emile-jaques-dalcroze-04-06-14/2598744/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 09:56:44 am »

Program dedicated to the Swiss composer ÉMILE JAQUES-DALCROZE in which the following books are available:

Janie: Prélude et Danse Villageoise (12'20''). Poème alpine (10'12''). Sancho: Ballet Suite (13'52''). Orch. Sinf. Moscow. Dir: Adriano. 1914 Impressions tragiques (17'00''). Cappella and Moscow Orch. Sinf. Moscow. Dir: Adriano

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/los-raros/raros-emile-jaques-dalcroze-04-06-14/2598744/
In all honesty, I was much too casual in posting this man's music, he deserves much much better.
I think the music of JAQUES-DALCROZE  music is heavenly and he is one of the finest composers I have heard in a long long time, tragically unsung no less.
I would very much appreciate any feedback from others in this forum.
He must be heard.
Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:30:12 am »

The music of Jaques-Dalcroze is certainly very little known, far too unknown. I remember taping Le Jeu du Feuilli from a the radio, somewhere in the early 80s. I'll check if the tape is still listenable.
He was born in Vienna but came at a young age to Genève, where he had his musical education. He later followed courses with Bruckner (in Vienna) and Delibes (in Paris). His works show that he was far more impressed by the latter one. He created a composing system called 'Eurithmics'.
He wrote more than 1200 songs!, what gave him the name the 'Swiss Schubert'
In 1896 one of his compositions became quite populair (probably the only one) in his native country with '13 Petites Variations sur 'La Suisse est Belle' based on an original swiss song in the german language 'Freut euch des Lebens'. It appeared in the Swiss Series on the Swedish Sterling label. (Sterling CDS-1057-2)(2003). Other works on this issue a Suite de Danse (c 1911), the Poème alpestres (1898) and the Suite de Ballet (taking from his comic opera Sancho (1897)

A second cd from the same series and label came a year later (Sterling CDS 1065-2) with more beautiful music: Two orchestral pieces from Janie (1894), "1914", Impressions tragiques (1914 or 15) and an orchestral suite 'Tableaux Romandes'.

Two nice Violin Concertos (no.1 & no.2) came on the Guild label (Guild GMCD 7336) in 2010. (maybe still available)
From his vocal works came a number on 2 cd's on the Gallo label (Gallo 1039 in 2000), and Gallo CD-1070) (2003).

From his chambre works Gallo  (Gallo 1040) brought a cd in 2000.

Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 01:41:06 am »

The music of Jaques-Dalcroze is certainly very little known, far too unknown. I remember taping Le Jeu du Feuilli from a the radio, somewhere in the early 80s. I'll check if the tape is still listenable.
He was born in Vienna but came at a young age to Genève, where he had his musical education. He later followed courses with Bruckner (in Vienna) and Delibes (in Paris). His works show that he was far more impressed by the latter one. He created a composing system called 'Eurithmics'.
He wrote more than 1200 songs!, what gave him the name the 'Swiss Schubert'
In 1896 one of his compositions became quite populair (probably the only one) in his native country with '13 Petites Variations sur 'La Suisse est Belle' based on an original swiss song in the german language 'Freut euch des Lebens'. It appeared in the Swiss Series on the Swedish Sterling label. (Sterling CDS-1057-2)(2003). Other works on this issue a Suite de Danse (c 1911), the Poème alpestres (1898) and the Suite de Ballet (taking from his comic opera Sancho (1897)

A second cd from the same series and label came a year later (Sterling CDS 1065-2) with more beautiful music: Two orchestral pieces from Janie (1894), "1914", Impressions tragiques (1914 or 15) and an orchestral suite 'Tableaux Romandes'.

Two nice Violin Concertos (no.1 & no.2) came on the Guild label (Guild GMCD 7336) in 2010. (maybe still available)
From his vocal works came a number on 2 cd's on the Gallo label (Gallo 1039 in 2000), and Gallo CD-1070) (2003).

From his chambre works Gallo  (Gallo 1040) brought a cd in 2000.

as far as I'm concerned they are "MUST BUY" cd's...what I heard was awesome..
Report Spam   Logged
adriano
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 05:25:37 pm »

There is a third CD with orchestral music by Jaques-Dalcroze on the Sterling Label:
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8426662--emile-jaques-dalcroze-tragedie-damour-suite-pastorale

An right now, Toccata Classics are on the way of issuing Jaques-Dalcroze's complete works for piano, performed by the excellent Adalberto Maria Riva
https://toccataclassics.com/product/emile-jaques-dalcroze-piano-music-volume-one/
Report Spam   Logged
adriano
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 05:33:33 pm »

... and I forgot to mention two CDs of the (Swiss) GALLO label featuring:
1. Jaques-Dalcroze's songs for soprano, baritone and piano -
2. A string quartet, piano trio pieces and violin-and-piano pieces.
They were published in 1999 and 2000
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: