The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:51:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Listening/recording from the BBC

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listening/recording from the BBC  (Read 677 times)
Kinder
Level 2

Times thanked: 3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 11:40:17 pm »

If anyone wants a single-page weekly Radio 3 listing to avoid multiple mouse-clicking, there's one at http://radiolists.blogspot.co.uk/.  There's also a link on that page (on the right, under 'More Listings') to a mediafire location containing printable PDF versions.  The lists are usually uploaded on Friday evenings.
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 01:47:45 am »

After Shamus introduced me to Freerecorder, I bought the program. Must say I don't regret that. The program is pretty easy to use and does the trick for me. (The cost $ 17,-)

Audio Recorder for Free, is even easier to use, after a certain time you have to pay. It cost a lot more. ($ 40, or so).
With the bought version you can also rip cd's and burn them. http://www.audio-tool.net/help.html is there welcome page.

If you refuse the upgrades, sometimes you can continue to use it free...
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 08:48:04 pm »

Oh dear - good luck with it all, gentlemen.
 I've tried to read the 'blurb' for the programs mentioned, & am utterly confused before reaching paragraph 2! Same with science at school , as I recall - just had to open a physics book, & the brain curled up and died !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 09:09:03 pm »

If anyone wants a single-page weekly Radio 3 listing to avoid multiple mouse-clicking, there's one at http://radiolists.blogspot.co.uk/.  There's also a link on that page (on the right, under 'More Listings') to a mediafire location containing printable PDF versions.  The lists are usually uploaded on Friday evenings.

that is very handy .....
Report Spam   Logged
calyptorhynchus
Level 3

Times thanked: 42

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 04:32:54 am »

A very useful site. I am now set up to record from the BBC, but so far haven't done anything except a couple of test runs. (I want to record, not because of a compulsive desire to acquire, but to share non-copyright recordings of interersting pieces of this forum).

However, looking at the BBC 3 schedule all in one document show what a painfully thin schedule it is, all presenters and special guests and themes and Xs of the week.* What's the problem with hosting a couple of powrful symphonies and a coupel of powerful string quartets each day, and filling in with shorter, but still worthy pieces?

Oh, and hosting broadcasts of neglected, but worthy works.

* Not quite as bad as Australian Classic FM, but getting that way.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: