The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:00:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Has Boulez's been a pernicious influence?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Boulez's been a pernicious influence?  (Read 4098 times)
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »

And all this audio experimentation at the expense of other gifted composers being neglected. And not all of it necessarily tonal or traditional either. One case in point is Bruno Bettinelli's outstanding music, Do you know of him??

Mostly from the various works of his that I recently discovered on YouTube. Very impressive! I've only just begun to explore, but the symphonic music has already grabbed my attention. I had heard a couple of other works in sub-par sonics a few years ago and wasn't impressed, but this trove on YT has changed my mind.

And only one of his symphonies (no 7) is posted there...what a shame..

Sorry, Sinfonia Breve and the First string symphony are there also ..I do not think the string symphony is his symphony no 1.

BTW: I started a thread for Bettinelli here..you may want to check it out..
also, did you get the post I sent for Juri Karlsson Music for Strings at Latvian Radio?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: