The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:12:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Not much of an outrage

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not much of an outrage  (Read 240 times)
guest54
« on: February 15, 2012, 11:32:27 am »

Recently we discovered a film of the ballet "Roaratorio," danced to noise - we will not say "music" - of Mr. Cage the notorious Northern American poser. Mr. Lebrecht - an excellent judge of men - calls him "too puerile for words" and that is about right. Being a Northern American, he loved to fire pistols in mid-concert, and encouraged performers to remove their clothing (which believe it or not several of the stupider sort in the '-sixties actually did!) It was principally in the expectation that we might see a bit of that that we had a look at this "ballet" choreographed by his younger bed-mate - a Mr. Cunningham - but to our infinite regret all clothing was left in place.

After two minutes we muted off the sound, as it was simply an affront to the ear. Left with the dancing then, we found it utterly without interest - a score or so of excessively beefy young persons leaping about and striking meaningless attitudes. Indeed that is probably an accurate reflection of the extent of the man Cunningham's knowledge of ballet - it consists for him of "people leaping about and striking attitudes" - and so that and nothing more is what he gives us. It precisely parallels his partner's knowledge of music does it not.

But we know that the inner clique at R3OK being pseuds of the first order loves to discuss the productions of these men. Therefore I would like to make them a proposition: I will let them know where and how the file of this intolerable "ballet"-film may be retrieved, on condition that the membership both of myself and of all the other exiles is unfrozen.

And naturally, in the unlikely event that any members of the current infinitely more erudite forum would care to have the same information, they may simply send me a P.M.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »

on condition that the membership both of myself and of all the other exiles is unfrozen.

But Groupthink at the R3OK messageboards is obligatory. Even in the event that the Gang Of Three were to accede to this offer, we should all be obliged to like only what they like, admire only what they admire,  and deride all those many, many things which they deride.

The Bicycling Bolshevik of Brighton, for example, believes that there are still WMD in Iraq . . .

And these are just some of the potty postulations which are compulsory at R3OK. If you dare to post in opposition to these nostrums, a frustrated spinster will delete your message - regardless of whether or not it breaks any of the 'forum rules'.

It all reminds one of Enver Hoxha's Albania, really.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:16:57 pm by the Administration » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: