The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:04:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Andrei Eshpai: Sinfonia n.3 "In ricordo del padre" (1964) .

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andrei Eshpai: Sinfonia n.3 "In ricordo del padre" (1964) .  (Read 274 times)
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:08:53 am »

ok

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »

Very pleasant indeed, Mr. JR, thank you, & definitely one for the old MP3 downloader. Think perhaps both our lives might have still been liveable without it, but know what you mean !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:49:26 pm »

Eshpai is certainly one of the most talented contemporary composers. Have you heard his equally powerful Fifth Symphony, Roger?
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 03:20:42 am »

Kyle, I have heard them all but it's time for a refresh. He is one of my top composers of all time.
4(Ballet-Symphony) and 5 were early favorites of mine and I have the Albany CD which contains both. I have played it over and over and over again.
I remember eagerly awaiting each new Albany Eshpai CD years ago and am so grateful for their noble efforts on his behalf.
These CD's have become desert isle cds for me.

Since I realize this may not be the proper thread to extend a discussion of this composer, it may belong in another thread.
and Eshpai certainly merits that.
So I will post also more at your fabulous Eshpai worklist thread at  http://artmusic.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,1818.0.html

Rog

I had forgotten how much Eshpai's music meant to you, Roger! And as to my "fabulous worklist", well.....I am quite flattered ;D :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: