The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:10:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Spohr's Ninth

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spohr's Ninth  (Read 519 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2013, 02:13:22 pm »

In a sense,if you want to make a populist comparison,more True Blood Season 1 (before it got too silly) than Christopher Lee Hammer Horror! What  makes Marschner's opera so good is that he sees Lord Ruthven as something more than just a brainless blood sucker. The vampire plot line is just a handy vehicle.

Yes, I'd agree absolutely with that! :)

Hope you enjoy the Faust recording :)
Thank you,I hope so too! ;D Meanwhile Reznicek's 'Ritter Blaubart' has popped through the letterbox! Great sound quality. Excellent cast! Nice (cartoonish) cover artwork. Readable notes (not bad for cpo! ;D). An english translation of the libretto. This is the way to resuscitate obscurities like this! No half measures. This kind of repertory needs all the help it can get!

The Spohr Faust has a couple of enthusiastic reviews on Amazon,so I'm looking forward to this one. Since I bought it from a us based seller (low price) I'll probably have to wait a little while! It'll be interesting to compare it with that famous one!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: