The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:54:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 97266 times)
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: February 18, 2021, 04:37:24 pm »

Oh blast! I was trying to insert a photograph so as to appear as tech savvy as you lot. I seem to have demonstrated exactly the opposite.

I just thought you'd given up for the day, or discovered that long-forgotten pile of ironing...

;)

1. find an image on t'interweb

2. check for size options (always a good idea in life) - most browsers have an images tab which will list what size files are available: usually between about 400x300 and 600x500 is ok (you'll work out portrait or landscape)

3. right-click on the image you want and choose "copy image link"

4. paste the link here

5. highlight the link and press the little picture icon above the smiley face

Go on, have a go...

:)

How to create a monster, lesson number one...

;D
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 18, 2021, 04:41:55 pm »

Is it really THAT good - or do we have to guess what it is??? The Sound of Silence is one of my favourites too...

;D ;D ;D
Me too! My sitting room being next to a road,my top end,industrial ear defenders,were worth every penny!!

I remember my grandfather lending me a tin of wax ear plugs,years ago. (Hopefully,unused?! ::)) The instructions inside boasted of their ability to reduce the noise of bombs dropping during the London Blitz! Unfortunately,the manufacturers were unable to anticipate the,much louder noise,created by ghetto blaster's and modern rock/pop music! :( ;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #1217 on: February 18, 2021, 04:52:33 pm »

Oh blast! I was trying to insert a photograph so as to appear as tech savvy as you lot. I seem to have demonstrated exactly the opposite.

I just thought you'd given up for the day, or discovered that long-forgotten pile of ironing...

;)

Ah, so I can't insert an image of my own. (I can see why that proscription might be imposed; for example, I could try to upload an image of myself doing that ironing in the altogether. Not a pleasant thought.)  It has to be an interweb image, does it?
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 18, 2021, 04:54:58 pm »

Playing now: Delius: Paris RPO Beecham conducting

I like his earlier recording,with the Lpo,too. Beecham is still my first stop for Delius. Of course,it might be just an age,thing?! But then again,the first recordings I ever heard of Delius were by Groves,not Delius! I'm not a musician (I can play,chopsticks,though!! ;D) but it's just the way (knack?) Beecham has for shaping the music and bringing out the poetry. Particularly,the former,though. His Delius sounds less flabby! The faint hiss of shellac does add that touch of,'way back when',though!! ;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #1219 on: February 18, 2021, 05:01:28 pm »

Playing now: Delius: Paris RPO Beecham conducting

I like his earlier recording,with the Lpo,too. Beecham is still my first stop for Delius. Of course,it might be just an age,thing?! But then again,the first recordings I ever heard of Delius were by Groves,not Delius! I'm not a musician (I can play,chopsticks,though!! ;D) but it's just the way (knack?) Beecham has for shaping the music and bringing out the poetry. Particularly,the former,though. His Delius sounds less flabby! The faint hiss of shellac does add that touch of,'way back when',though!! ;D

Although (as I've said elsewhere) I don't tend to have a great deal of sympathhy with Delius, there's no doubt that Beecham is the 'go-to guy' for his works. He convinces me that Delius really did have something to say more than any other conductor does.

I also agree with you re the shellac hiss. Whenever I encounter it I get all nostalgic about powdered eggs and Geraldo.
 :D 
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #1220 on: February 18, 2021, 05:03:35 pm »

;)

2. check for size options (always a good idea in life) - most browsers have an images tab which will list what size files are available: usually between about 400x300 and 600x500 is ok (you'll work out portrait or landscape)

3. right-click on the image you want and choose "copy image link"

4. paste the link here

5. highlight the link and press the little picture icon above the smiley face

Go on, have a go...

:)

How to create a monster, lesson number one...

;D

I posted a monster!!
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 18, 2021, 05:11:53 pm »

I posted a monster!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Is she a member of UC?

;D
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 18, 2021, 05:15:38 pm »

She's the new moderator!!! :( ;D
Report Spam   Logged
guest822
« Reply #1223 on: February 18, 2021, 05:21:48 pm »

Oh come on now, she's not that gruesome.

;)
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 18, 2021, 05:23:41 pm »

Franz Reizenstein: Piano Concerto No 2    Victor Sangiorgio (piano)   RSNO Martin Yates conducting

The Dutton cd. (So Stanley Bate,next!) The Reizenstein is a bit of a barnstormer. A good find! :)
Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: February 18, 2021, 05:25:53 pm »

Is she a member of UC?

Oh come on now, she's not that gruesome.

;)

;D ;D ;D
Report Spam   Logged

guest822
« Reply #1226 on: February 18, 2021, 06:01:21 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Albion
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: February 18, 2021, 06:11:05 pm »

I knew that job-lot of Tena Lady would come in handy one day...

Report Spam   Logged

guest822
« Reply #1228 on: February 18, 2021, 06:31:56 pm »

I knew that job-lot of Tena Lady would come in handy one day...

:o :o :o :o
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 18, 2021, 07:42:30 pm »

Still playing! Reizenstein: Piano Concerto No 2. Great slow movement. I'll have to play this one more often! A thrilling,final movement,now! :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: