The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
December 02, 2022, 07:08:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 77305 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: July 06, 2022, 12:56:30 am »

Playing now! Weber: Euryanthe   Jessye Norman Nicolai Gedda (et al) Leipziger Rundfunkchor,Staatskapelle Dresden / Marek Janowski    emi 2 cd's

It would have been nice to have snaffled a copy of the original emi cd reissue with Jessye Norman on the front (above!)! Oh well,another time! The Berlin Classics reissue was cheap,but no english libretto! To be honest,I don't ever bother much with librettos (a perfunctory glance now & again) No doubt,I'll enjoy Weber's,glorious musical inspiration all the more without the dubious benefit of following what is,by all account's,a lousy libretto! I'm a big fan of Der Freischutz I might add! And Abu Hassan's a charmer!

(Re-posted & duly edited!!)

I don't know Pfitzner's Palestrina & after all this Pfffffffitzner talk (well,not that much!) I just had to buy a copy! I chose the classic Kubelik recording! It cost me just over a fiver!!( And Helen Donath,one of my all time favourite singers is in the cast,somewhere!)

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: