The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:31:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 97234 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: May 31, 2022, 12:17:54 pm »

Robert Schumann: Carnaval,Kreisleriana    Mitsuko Uchida (piano)        Philips

Back to the aknowledged greats! There's not much I can say about this music that hasn't been expressed far more eloquently than other's umpteen times before! Least to say this make's very enjoyable and satisfying listening. Schumann was one of those tortured geniuses,beloved of the media. Did Hollywood ever make a movie about him? I'll have to find out? Although,I'm not sure I'll want to watch it! Perhaps,Merle Oberon as Clara Schumann?! Tortured geniuses are obviously intriguing! They certainly intrigue me! Although,I'm not sure severing part of my ear lobe and posting it to the nearest (this portion of the text,censored!) would enhace my painting & writing career?! And I don't like blood! :o Except the eight pints circulating inside my body right at this very moment! Like H....H...Hancock,I need that,thankyou! ;D
Ahem! ::) ;D I have the Deutsche Grammophon boxed set of Kempff playing Schumann in the pile,next to the mini hi-fi,and I will reach that in due course! :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: