The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:55:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 97768 times)
guest822
« Reply #3495 on: May 19, 2022, 02:40:01 pm »

Robert Schumann: The Three Piano Trios,Fantasiestücke      The Borodin Trio  Chandos 2 cd's

Lovely,lyrical,surging,passionate,heartfelt,romantic! Some of the not very technical words that come to mind when listening to these outpouring's from another one of those tragic,tortured geniuses. Sumptuous sound in the best Chandos tradition and fantastic playing from The Borodin Trio. Chamber music heaven?!! Aaaaaaah! :) (As in chamber music not chamber pot!! Yes,I'm old enough to remember those! :o ;D)

While I'm not familiar with that particular recording of Schumann's Piano Trios, I have to agree with your description of the music itself. The older I get, the more I love Schumann. Many years ago I played the piano in public performances of both the the Piano Quintet and the Piano Quartet (with string-playing chums from the City of Birmingham SO) but I'm sorry to say I never had the opportunity to play these trios (and I'm not likely to now, thanks to arthritis!). I'm as much a fan of certain unsung composers as anybody (not Rufinatscha, before you ask ;D) but great composers such as Schumann are so described for very good reason!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: