The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:06:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 96722 times)
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: March 22, 2022, 08:59:30 pm »

Grazyna Bacewicz: Symphony No 4      (Conductor & Orchestra unknown!!)

Symphony No 4 (1953) which opens mysteriously is another powerful,thrilling piece,full of propulsive,driving energy. Like it's predecessor it seems power packed to my ears. An edge of seat ride! Very modern,but also very tonal. The slow movement that follows is full of brooding,lyricism. This is the kind of modern symphony I like. No 3 is my favourite;but they are both gripping symphonies. I find it hard to believe that a major label like Chandos,Cpo or Bis (for example) have ignored these. Although,there are commercial recordings of No 3 I can't trace any recordings of No's 1 or 2! Sad! :( A cycle of Symphonies 1 -4 would be much appreciated! (Come on Chandos/Cpo! Grin) ! I got this recording of No 4 from Youtube as I was unable to find a commercial recording. According to the person who uploaded the recording and various comments left there,the orchestra and conductor are "unknown". The sound quality is good,however,and it sounds like a decent performance. Great stuff! I'm impressed! No 3 is my favourite,though.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: