The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:51:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 96654 times)
Grandenorm
Level 4

Times thanked: 24

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: February 05, 2019, 11:13:44 pm »

most of Coke's chamber music has survived (unlike,allot of his other music). Is there any chance that any more of it will receive recordings? Unsurprisingly,I'd love to hear the Violin Sonata No 2,for example!

I am doing my best. Two things you could do to help: (i) Write to Simon Callaghan (the pianist) saying how much you like Coke's chamber/solo piano music and asking for more; writ to Simon Perry at Hyperion Records urging him to record some of Coke's chamber music with Callaghan, especially the "Elegiac" Trio (which Simon performed with violinist Jamie Campbell and 'cellist Karel Bredenhorst) at a concert I organised last year at St Paul's Church, Knightsbridge (it was very well received), perhaps coupled with the late Trio (and the only other extant trio by Coke) for piano, flute and viola, known as "The Ortina"; (ii)  write to Rupert Marshall-Luck at The English Music Festival and ask him to look at the 2nd Violin Sonata. If you do, I will follow up on that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: