The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:50:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

What are you currently listening to?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 239   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 98116 times)
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2013, 10:31:45 pm »

Hi Kyjo,

I should have mentioned Stephen Heller and perhaps John Ireland on my list. But yes, we do have similar tastes.
It's nice to see that you mentioned Braga-Santos. I admire his works immensely and find him to be a natural symphonist.
His last two are like 180s from the previous four, but he knew his orchestra. My favorites of them are his Second and
Fourth.

I'm looking forward to posting here. I write much about the music on Amazon. Here's the link.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A6IPCERKJ6QNP/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp

Any fan of Braga Santos is welcome here :) :) (not that others are not equally welcome of course ;D)

Four of the original so-called "BS Experts" from GMG are members here as well and I am proud to have been counted as one. We were not really "experts" but just huge enthusiasts for the marvellous music-about which I have written screeds on here and elsewhere ;D  But for the benefit of our new member I shall reiterate that on the relatively rare(fortunately) occasions when I might be feeling down the Fourth Symphony and, in particular, its finale revives my spirits. There are very very few works written by a 26 year-old composer in the 20th century which possess and which encapsulate so magnificently that splendid French expression "Joie de vivre"
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 239   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: