The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:07:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

discussion

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: discussion  (Read 779 times)
guest145
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:01:50 am »

I'd like to register a polite complaint. A great deal of discussion has been taking place lately in the Downloads folder, which as I understand the forum rules is intended only for actual downloads. I don't say this to be a stickler for protocol or a nuisance -- rather, I bring it up because one of my great pleasures these days is logging in to AMF and seeing there are new posts to the Downloads folder. Then, imagine the disappointment when all it turns out to be is discussion of previous posts, with no actual downloads!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 02:41:52 am »

Hear, Hear ::) ::)
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:42:55 am »

Thanks for this alert! I will take Immediate Action.
Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:49:31 pm »

Don't enjoy being a 'grass', but must agree with Messrs. Latvian & Dundonnell - when we click on 'downloads', our interest is piqued by whatever 'new' music might be available.
Finding yet more 'discussion', when there's a lively site for just that directly below, is underwhelming indeed.

No doubt learned colleagues on the site can find umpteen complaints about my activities here, but in this case I'll get retaliation in first. Was looking forward this P.M. to some 'new' Ukranian & Estonian delights - music was there none !
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
guest224
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 01:41:14 am »

Don't enjoy being a 'grass', but must agree with Messrs. Latvian & Dundonnell - when we click on 'downloads', our interest is piqued by whatever 'new' music might be available.
Finding yet more 'discussion', when there's a lively site for just that directly below, is underwhelming indeed.

No doubt learned colleagues on the site can find umpteen complaints about my activities here, but in this case I'll get retaliation in first. Was looking forward this P.M. to some 'new' Ukranian & Estonian delights - music was there none !

Finally I get some reaction to stuff I put in the Downloads section, even if it was just commentary!  ;)  Now, do give also your reaction (good or bad) to the Yurasovsky, Khadoska, etc, uploaded by me in the same section.... or do I have to be part of some inner circle?)))
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 07:31:37 am »

For me, music without context is like a ship without sails. Often times, I run across "orphaned" downloads and I don't know if I have an interest.
I think we need to tread very cautiously as it there are unintended consequences here.
It would be a tragedy if we discouraged anyone from uploading due to issues of format when their primary intent is to develop an interest in music they are sharing.
I'm in favor of adding a bit of context to the music and/or a direct link to a thread for further discussion. So softer "sideboards" are appropriate for downloads.
Report Spam   Logged
Jolly Roger
Level 8

Times thanked: 59

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 03:01:03 am »

For me, music without context is like a ship without sails. Often times, I run across "orphaned" downloads and I don't know if I have an interest.
I think we need to tread very cautiously as it there are unintended consequences here.
It would be a tragedy if we discouraged anyone from uploading due to issues of format when their primary intent is to develop an interest in music they are sharing.
I'm in favor of adding a bit of context to the music and/or a direct link to a thread for further discussion. So softer "sideboards" are appropriate for downloads.
To be more solution oriented, perhaps the uploader should create a direct link accompanying the download to a thread at the download discussions to encourage feedback. A link in the opposite direction would be very useful to go directly to the download itself from download discussions.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: