The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:15:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hello

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6107 times)
Bobyor
Level 2

Times thanked: 16

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 09:48:52 am »

Thank You.

Now I am exploring most of latvian and slovakian classical music with composers like Ivanovs, Skulte, Barisons, Jurjans from Latvia, and Suchon, Moyzes, Cikker, Kardos Gresak from Sloavakia, but also some others. My favorite composers are more famous like personalities like Gustav Holst, Gaetano Donizetti, Jean Sibelius or Joaquin Turina.

I will put in this week some post about some composers, so we can talk more about this topics.

Szanowny Wiktoru! Witaj! i to jest juz 50% mojego jezyka polskiego ...
here is my performance of Suchon, in Levoca (just south of where I am, in southern Malapolska)

Report Spam   Logged
cjvinthechair
Level 6

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 10:52:35 am »

My name is Wiktor, I am living in Central Poland, and I am interesting in music, also a bit exotic. I am recording, buying and downloading some latvian, slovakian, finnish, kaukazian, turkish, iranian, japanese,
israeli/jewish, mexican, brazilian and spanish composers, and I want to deal with You with such wonderful music.
Now I am very busy with my learning, so I can only recording now, but in some months i prove to put some music on mediafire, if it would be possible.

Wiktor

Welcome, Mr. Wiktor - good luck with your learning; there will be many here who will love to see what you might be able to put on Mediafire after you've finished !
Happy New Year - to you and all at AMF.
Report Spam   Logged

Clive
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 04:57:34 pm »

cilgwyn is not homeless and does not sell the newspaper on street corners ;D ;D
Not yet!! :o ;D

There's always a Big Issue seller near a cash point I use. A little man with a moustache at the moment. They call out you as you pass. I have always found the Big Issue very dry and  a rather dull read,to say the least!! IRR magazine is much more fun! ;D
As to Donizetti. I probably would like his music. I just haven't got around to him yet and there are so many other priorities. I'll read up about him,though.
Report Spam   Logged
Wiktorio30Poland
Level 3

Times thanked: 26

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 10:12:30 pm »

Thank You All for such nice posts.

Donizetti was an interesting composer, but some people said, that he composed maybe simply too much and some of his works are not so good. I am not an expert of him, but i like some of his operas or Requiem. I also undestand, that some people don't like his music. His music was very "italian", maybe also some "neapolitan" and romantic of course. For me very enjoyable, sometimes quite spiritual composer and often quite difficult in singing. ;-)

Maybe some day I also try some works by Lortzing, von Weber and Marschner - because, they could be an interesting prelude with different style in german romantic opera to Wagner. Today Wagner is to difficult to me, but someday I must hear more german music.

Report Spam   Logged
Elroel
Level 6

Times thanked: 76

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 12:38:50 am »

Sorry for my bad english, I am still learning this language.

Also from my side a warm welcome to this forum, Wiktor. Don't you worry about your english. Not everyone here is a native english-speaker.
As far as your list of composers I think you're very much at home with us.
Glad there is someone who is interested in Gaetano Donizetti as well.
Since a year or so, I listened to about 15 of his operas and must say that he was very capable to to show us many beautiful arias.

Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 02:19:31 pm »

Also from my side a warm welcome to this forum, Wiktor. Don't you worry about your english. Not everyone here is a native english-speaker.
Since a year or so, I listened to about 15 of his operas and must say that he was very capable to to show us many beautiful arias.

Actually,I've just realised I do have some Donizetti!! A complete recording of 'La Favorite' recorded in the 'original French version' by Pathe in 1912!!! Issued by Marston Records in an absolutely stunning transfer on 2cds with a lovely booklet.
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:56 am »

A shared love of Music brings us all together and transcends any language difficulties :)

In any case I feel that non-native English speakers should never apologise for any deficiencies in their knowledge or use of the language when so many of us(and I very much include myself in this!) have never made much effort to master other languages.
Report Spam   Logged
jimfin
Level 4

Times thanked: 21

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2014, 07:26:40 am »

Very welcome, Wiktor! I visited Poland once (Warsaw) and loved it. I love pierogi and bigos. Yes, Donizetti is always enjoyable! We have Big Issue sellers in Japan too, you know!
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2014, 05:01:09 am »

Ah.... last time I was in Warsaw..  Anna Maria Jopek was all the "talk of the town"    very popular singer in Poland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kW7jF7Xyl2w

I can see why....!

Report Spam   Logged
giwro
Level 2

Times thanked: 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 10:09:25 pm »

Hello all,

I'm new to these parts, but glad to discover fellow lovers of obscure and rare music...  my primary focus has been organ music for many years, but I also enjoy other kinds of serious music, and have a rather large (and growing) collection of CDs and recordings, many of which are of largely unknown composers music.  I hope to both learn and contribute to these boards.

Best,

- G
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014, 11:48:49 pm »

Welcome, giwro! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Report Spam   Logged
ericaleo
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 12:14:11 pm »

HI guys,
hello,
Report Spam   Logged
4EvRinTH3NOW
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 01:37:05 am »

I am new here to this forum. I am a musician, among other things. A multi-instrumentalist who plays guitar, bass, drums, sings, and who dabs into keyboard instruments and various percussion out of unhindered curiosity about music and its limitless realm. My music taste started out with Rock as a kid, which then progressed on to getting into heavier music (ie. Metal), such as Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and what have you. Then, I started to get into Jazz guitar to expand my tastes, such as Django Reinhardt, Al di Meola, John McLaughlin, and Alan Holdsworth. It progressed on to getting into more free-improvised Jazz and more experimental music, both in and out of Jazz. I was also listening to Minimalist and Drone composers, such as La Monte Young and Terry Riley; also listening to avant-garde classical music such as Arthur Schoenberg, Krzysztof Penderecki, Bela Bartok, Claude Debussy, Alexander Scriabin, and many others. I then went into more electronic music, with listening to various artists from Drum 'n Bass, Goa, Dub, Acid Jazz, Nu Jazz, (some) Hip Hop, and so on. Throughout my immersion into music, I have went further outside that hemisphere of music; I am interested in World Music (music from around the world), Latin music, Flamenco, Reggae, and Mugham.

Outside of music, I am interested in Philosophy, Science, Spirituality, along with the Occult. I am influenced by Eastern religion (from all kinds), Western occultism (ie. Kabbalah, Sufism, Magic), Socrates, Neoplatonism, and Existentialism. I have looked into (though not deeply enough), into the esoteric dimension(s) of music; looking mainly into the Greek music theory of that like Pythagoras. I am also into researching history, and have delved into oft-times conspiratorial views of history and those of that nature. My political views are summed up as that interested in Anarchism, as I believe in freedom for the individual, equaling freedom for all. I do not believe in the Left-Right divisionist ideology that has been dominant in modern politics, so I have a broad view that may more or less encompass both of those spectrums.

So hello, everyone.
Report Spam   Logged
djarvie
Level 2

Times thanked: 7

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2014, 02:23:47 pm »

Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum.   I have a life-long interest in classical music, with now (age 66) more time to listen.   Recently with the help of YouTube I have been listening to music by composers I have never heard of before.   This has been a voyage of discovery - I'm always waiting for the next masterwork.  Mainly I like romantic music.   I don't mind a bit of dissonance, as long as there is emotional content, but atonality leaves me cold.
I'm really impressed by the amount of material on your download boards.
David
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2014, 03:47:28 pm »

Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum.   I have a life-long interest in classical music, with now (age 66) more time to listen.   Recently with the help of YouTube I have been listening to music by composers I have never heard of before.   This has been a voyage of discovery - I'm always waiting for the next masterwork.  Mainly I like romantic music.   I don't mind a bit of dissonance, as long as there is emotional content, but atonality leaves me cold.
I'm really impressed by the amount of material on your download boards.
David

Welcome aboard...  the download boards is really the diamond in this forum..  many have traveled the world searching out rare musical works...  Enjoy !!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: