The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:55:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hello

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6097 times)
kyjo
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 08:08:44 pm »

Hi, I'm a newcomer (and still quite the newcomer to classical music, in spite of mounds of listening) who's been active at the Good Music Guide forum for about a year.  I'm already seeing many familiar names here!

Looks like a very well developed forum with huge amounts of knowledge...looking forward to learning a lot.

Welcome, Octave! I believe I know you from GMG ;D To be honest, I'm quite tired of GMG, so I won't be visiting there often. Many members there are too "intense" for my liking.
Report Spam   Logged
Wiktorio30Poland
Level 3

Times thanked: 26

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 07:52:42 pm »

Good afternoon for everyone.

My name is Wiktor, I am living in Central Poland, and I am interesting in music, also a bit exotic. I am recording, buying and downloading some latvian, slovakian, finnish, kaukazian, turkish, iranian, japanese,
israeli/jewish, mexican, brazilian and spanish composers, and I want to deal with You with such wonderful music.
Now I am very busy with my learning, so I can only recording now, but in some months i prove to put some music on mediafire, if it would be possible.

Sorry for my bad english, I am still klearning this language. At last I wolud to say VERY BIG THANKS for such fantastic forum.

Greetings to All
Wiktor
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 09:27:20 pm »

Welcome, Wiktor! You seem like you'd fit in with a lot of us here. I, too, enjoy exploring music from more "exotic" countries. Who are some of your favorite composers? :)
Report Spam   Logged
Wiktorio30Poland
Level 3

Times thanked: 26

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 11:45:37 pm »

Thank You.

Now I am exploring most of latvian and slovakian classical music with composers like Ivanovs, Skulte, Barisons, Jurjans from Latvia, and Suchon, Moyzes, Cikker, Kardos Gresak from Sloavakia, but also some others. My favorite composers are more famous like personalities like Gustav Holst, Gaetano Donizetti, Jean Sibelius or Joaquin Turina.

I will put in this week some post about some composers, so we can talk more about this topics.
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »

don't forget classical-music-online.net   has a lot of the traditional music also... the 3 B's  Mozart, Chopin, Glazunov, Tchaikovsky, Sibelius....etc..etc..
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 01:04:04 am »

Thank You.

Now I am exploring most of latvian and slovakian classical music with composers like Ivanovs, Skulte, Barisons, Jurjans from Latvia, and Suchon, Moyzes, Cikker, Kardos Gresak from Sloavakia, but also some others. My favorite composers are more famous like personalities like Gustav Holst, Gaetano Donizetti, Jean Sibelius or Joaquin Turina.

I will put in this week some post about some composers, so we can talk more about this topics.

Thanks for your response! The composers you are currently exploring are all great! I love Sibelius as well as Holst's Planets and a few other works. Turina's music is hugely enjoyable, but I cannot come to enjoy Donizetti. I look forward to reading your posts!
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 01:11:39 am »

Hello Wiktor! Donizetti? I'm ashamed to admit I don't know his music at all! Although I've probably heard some on the radio or tv at some time or other,
Rossini's Barber of Seville is rather nice though and in a similar vein,I suppose! Although,I'm not particularly into his music,as such,;I do have the opera (Marriner/Philips) on ye old 2 music-cassete tape set (remember those?!!) Cds/Lps of Rossini overtures used to be very popular with record labels. Along with G & S, and lollipops in general,they seem to have lost popularity in these more po-faced times!
Lortzing's another one I like!
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 01:19:03 am »

Donizetti? I'm ashamed to admit I don't know his music at all! Although I've probably heard some on the radio or tv at some time or other,
Rossini's Barber of Seville is rather nice though and in a similar vein,I suppose! Although,I'm not particularly into his music;I do have the opera on ye old 2 musi-cassete tape set (remember those?!!)

Some of the members of this forum are not that old, you know ;D  And I doubt whether Kyle has any idea what the "Big Issue" is either (from another of your posts ;D)

....of course, I am not alleging that you are anywhere near as ancient as I am ;D ;D
Report Spam   Logged
cilgwyn
Level 7

Times thanked: 49

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 01:26:42 am »

Donizetti? I'm ashamed to admit I don't know his music at all! Although I've probably heard some on the radio or tv at some time or other,
Rossini's Barber of Seville is rather nice though and in a similar vein,I suppose! Although,I'm not particularly into his music;I do have the opera on ye old 2 musi-cassete tape set (remember those?!!)

Some of the members of this forum are not that old, you know ;D  And I doubt whether Kyle has any idea what the "Big Issue" is either (from another of your posts ;D)

....of course, I am not alleging that you are anywhere near as ancient as I am ;D ;D
I sell the Big Issue,didn't you know?!! I'm the one with that big,cuddly Rottweiler! He likes you!! ;D
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 02:27:16 am »

Not to boast about my age, but yes, I have not the slightest idea what this "Big Issue" is that you speak of ;D
Report Spam   Logged
SerAmantiodiNicolao
Level 3

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 02:41:20 am »

Hello Wiktor! Donizetti? I'm ashamed to admit I don't know his music at all! Although I've probably heard some on the radio or tv at some time or other,
Rossini's Barber of Seville is rather nice though and in a similar vein,I suppose!

Ahem.  Just try some of Donizetti's late work.  Rossini would be staring at his disappearing form in the distance, slack-jawed.

Me, I love Donizetti.  Always happy to welcome a fellow bel cantist to the forum.

(One of the most incredible evenings of my life was spent sitting through a concert performance of Maria Padilla some years back.  As I recall, the first-act finale was so loud as to clear my sinuses.  They don't get much better than that.)
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 03:53:28 am »

Not to boast about my age, but yes, I have not the slightest idea what this "Big Issue" is that you speak of ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Issue
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 03:55:05 am »

cilgwyn is not homeless and does not sell the newspaper on street corners ;D ;D
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 04:19:28 am »

I have been enlightened ;D I don't ever recall hearing of a magazine of that sort being produced in the US!
Report Spam   Logged
SerAmantiodiNicolao
Level 3

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 05:25:19 am »

I have been enlightened ;D I don't ever recall hearing of a magazine of that sort being produced in the US!

We have one in DC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Sense_%28newspaper%29
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: