The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:40:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

2013 Proms

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Proms  (Read 911 times)
Albion
Level 7

Times thanked: 2750

Frederic Cowen (1852-1935)

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2013, 05:23:29 pm »

I arrived home from attending a series of Proms last week to find that my computer (along with all my recording and editing equipment) had given up the ghost. Hopefully this will be fixed, but not for a while yet - I am reliant upon laptops and such-like at the moment.

::)

Consequently I am unable to record Jurowski's performance of Bantock's The Witch of Atlas (Prom 64) which is still available on iplayer/ radioplayer (as rebroadcast on Afternoon on 3, 5th September) -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b039c5f8/Afternoon_on_3_Proms_2013_Repeats_Prom_64_Bantock_Prokofiev_Sibelius_and_Strauss/

This was a lovely rendition of the piece and I would be grateful if one of our kind members could provide a high-quality mp3 copy on the downloads board. Many thanks.

:)
Report Spam   Logged

"A piece is worth your attention, and is itself for you praiseworthy, if it makes you feel you have not wasted your time over it." (Sydney Grew, 1922)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: