The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:18:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Volodymyr Zahorcev (Zahortsev, Zagortsev...)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volodymyr Zahorcev (Zahortsev, Zagortsev...)  (Read 361 times)
ttle
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »

Since Dave is in Ukraine as I understand, is there any chance that we might discover Zahorcev's music? While he has been regularly mentioned alongside Silvestrov, Hrabovsky and a few others as one of the leading exponents of the new Ukrainian music after 1960, access to his music has been very scarce so far. I would be especially interested in his four symphonies: No. 1 (1968), No. 2 for soprano, tenor and orchestra on Ukrainian popular texts (1976-78), No. 3 (1980-83) and Симфонія Тривоги (Symphony of Alarm) for strings, piano, percussions, flute and solo alto saxophone (1986-88), his sonata for violin and piano (1964), his second chamber concerto for violin, piano and chamber orchestra (1981), but any other piece would be welcome  :)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ttle
Level 3

Times thanked: 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 03:47:49 pm »

In the meantime, the second chamber concerto has been posted on YouTube, but I remain very eager to hear the rest. And I learnt about the existence of a fifth symphony which, from what I have read, might be the greatest of all.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: