The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:42:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Symphonies with organ

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Symphonies with organ  (Read 2956 times)
shamus
« on: June 29, 2013, 01:18:51 am »

There are actually many, I will have to look at what I have, but of course the Guilmant 1 and 2, Widor (not sure how many, but think the 3rd) and St. Saens No. 3 are probably well known. Another favorite of mine is the Joseph Jongen Symphonie Concertante for Organ and Orchestra. Lots of Russian symphonies have big organ parts, too. If you want to add in choral parts with orchestra, piano and organ, then the Roentgen Aus Faust will suit you magnificently. I will try to check out some more. I have two favorite types of music, besides all the other kinds, and that is organ and orchestra and piano and orchestra. And when I win the lottery I will commission a Concerto for Organ, Piano, and Very Large Symphony Orchestra! Gosh, one might get the idea that I am somewhat insane when it comes to all this........   Jim
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: