The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:51:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Belarusian Music

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Belarusian Music  (Read 8384 times)
guest224
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

I am so happy to have another contributor in this string!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest377
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 04:15:17 pm »

Thanks Chris.... glad to contribute!! 
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:28:01 pm »

I have Aladov's (or Aladau's) Sinfonietta, and a couple of his songs, but that's it I'm afraid. Has his Symph 10 been recorded?
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 04:47:06 pm »

we GREATLY look forward to those!
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:32:43 pm »

Tikotsky's Sym No 6 is interesting.....probably the main problem in getting these works re-recorded on CD is that no one like Neeme Jarvi (for Estonia) or V. Sinaisky (or other Latvian conductors) is around to champion ( or "carry the torch") the symphonic works of Belarus.     

Dave
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 05:34:57 pm »

yes  I think someone has it on this list... it is very rare.

does Holger  have it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 05:38:45 pm »

Tikotsky's Sym No 6 is interesting.....probably the main problem in getting these works re-recorded on CD is that no one like Neeme Jarvi (for Estonia) or V. Sinaisky (or other Latvian conductors) is around to champion ( or "carry the torch") the symphonic works of Belarus.     

Dave

I wonder if that's as much a reflection of the current political system in that country, where any kind of initiative is discouraged or outright squashed. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest224
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:33:02 pm »

Most people in Belarus speak Russian by choice, but are quite particular that they are Belarusian thank you very much. There are two versions of Belarusian: the one modified and approved by the communists and the one that existed before! Very complicated.... The Soviet way of diminishing Ukrainian and Belarusian was to make the Russian language the one for urban successful educated types, so the other languages came to be seen as the languages of simple funny bumpkins. Even now, when Russians hear Ukrainian/Belarusian (the languages, or their accents in Russian), they often snigger!
Report Spam   Logged
georghann
Level 1

Times thanked: 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 11:49:26 pm »

More of that Belorussian music! Thank you!
Report Spam   Logged
Dundonnell
Level 8

Times thanked: 137

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 12:46:07 am »

With the greatest of respect, the last dozen posts should really be located in the Downloads Discussion section.

As is stated quite clearly on the Home Page this section is for Downloads and announcements of downloads only. "NO comments or discussion here thank you"

Those members who go to the Downloads section expecting to find a piece of music for download are now encountering an extended discussion. That discussion is great and very welcome but it should be conducted in the Downloads Discussion section :)
Report Spam   Logged
Admin
Administrator
Level 8

Times thanked: 53

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 09:41:45 am »

With the greatest of respect, the last dozen posts should really be located in the Downloads Discussion section.

Thanks for drawing attention to this situation, Mr. D. As you suggest, I've transferred all the posts lacking download announcements to this discussion area.
Report Spam   Logged
guest264
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 07:53:04 pm »

Thanks very much for the Tikotsky Symphony No. 4. I was looking for this piece for a long time!
I enjoy these sort of anachronistic works where if you were blindfolded and asked to guess the
date of composition you would guess 50 (or more) years earlier!
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 04:50:16 pm »

I can see by the # of downloads on my mediafire account these are a popular download.   Also,  May 14 (when these were posted) had the most people logged in ever.... wow!

Dave
Report Spam   Logged
Gauk
Level 7

Times thanked: 58

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 09:01:19 am »

I see that Tikotsky's 6th has now appeared on YT in fyrexianoff's channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/fyrexianoff/videos
Report Spam   Logged
guest377
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 01:13:19 am »

excellent !!   I also subscribe to his channel.   Tikotsky and Vagner are composers that need  their works known.   Weinberg was only on Melodiya at one time, now Naxos and Chandos are recording the symphonic cycle.

Dave
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: