The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:04:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Almaz Monasypov (1925-2008), Tatar composer

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almaz Monasypov (1925-2008), Tatar composer  (Read 186 times)
kyjo
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:37:18 am »

I came across a most stunning find on YT, the Violin Sonata (1954) of Tatar composer Almaz Monasypov:

I:
II:
III:

I must say that this work is an unquestionable masterpiece and is quite unlike anything anything else I've heard! And that's coming from a person who is not particularly passionate about chamber music! It is a thoroughly tonal work which is chock full of soaring, exotic melodies, great passion and rhapsodic fantasy. If the opening of the first movement, with its rushing piano arpeggios and bold melody in the violin doesn't grasp your attention, nothing will! Also notable is the maestoso section near the end of the third movement where the violin plays an overwhelmingly passionate melody over big piano chords. Enough said about this piece-you get the idea! An absolute-must hear!

Monasypov's incomplete worklist: http://russiancomposers.org.uk/page854.html lists four symphonies as well as other works. If his other works are anywhere near as good as the fantastic Violin Sonata, I'd give anything to hear them! I would be thrilled if someone would happen to have something of his to upload!

:)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest145
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:42:30 pm »

I only have one work by Monasypov in my collection, an overture, which I've uploaded into a new Tatar Composers subfolder in the Downloads folder, along with a selection of works by other equally obscure Tatar composers from the same era. Enjoy!
Report Spam   Logged
kyjo
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:56:39 pm »

I only have one work by Monasypov in my collection, an overture, which I've uploaded into a new Tatar Composers subfolder in the Downloads folder, along with a selection of works by other equally obscure Tatar composers from the same era. Enjoy!

Maris comes to the rescue yet again! Many thanks :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: