The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:16:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Kabalevsky operas

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kabalevsky operas  (Read 926 times)
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 07:08:32 pm »

I'm sure I saw it in my old Russian Record Company/Collets catalogue lists,back in the days of Melodiya Lps. (How I used to relish perusing those,often,bulky mailing lists!)

The materials from which the boxes themselves were made - particularly the glue, I think? - lent a peculiarly slavic odour to these sets :)  The old record department at Collets was somewhat notable in this respect :)

I wish Melodiya would realise the value they hold in their enormous back catalogue?  Even if they released them just as downloads, they'd be hugely valuable.

There is a peculiar guy in Kiev (whom I know personally) who operates under the name of Sir Walter Boot-Legge. His apartment is stacked from floor to ceiling with what used to be the back catalogue at Melodiya's branch in Kiev.  I believe he has a lot of it 'available'.  He speaks English :)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: