The Art-Music, Literature and Linguistics Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:58:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Here you may discover hundreds of little-known composers, hear thousands of long-forgotten compositions, contribute your own rare recordings, and discuss the Arts, Literature and Linguistics in an erudite and decorous atmosphere full of freedom and delight.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Free streaming relay of Glyndebourne HANSEL & GRETEL

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free streaming relay of Glyndebourne HANSEL & GRETEL  (Read 369 times)
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2011, 11:15:42 am »

The Grauniad's ongoing series of relays from Glyndebourne continues (although this one is a recording, and not a live relay)

From Dec 26th for a week, you can watch & listen to Humperdinck's HANSEL & GRETEL.  The link will come live here on 26th.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest54
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 03:13:57 pm »

Oh dear - is that the one where a great fat simpering female in rompers leaps about pretending to be Hansel?

Their Turn of the Screw was excellent though. Have any other things appeared so far in this series?
Report Spam   Logged
t-p
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 03:34:56 pm »

Thanks very much. I think it is good production. I am looking forward. I am watching clips from youtube for now.
Report Spam   Logged
Neil McGowan
Level 7

Times thanked: 79

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 05:19:46 pm »

Oh dear - is that the one where a great fat simpering woman in baggy trousers leaps about pretending to be Hansel?

Their Turn of the Screw was excellent though. Have any other things appeared so far in this series?

I haven't seen this production yet, but I believe both Hansel and Gretel were cast for their verisimilitude. There is a 5-minute trailer on the site showing excerpts, to get a glimpse of how it actually looks.

The main highlight for me in this series was the magnificent McVicar/Jurowsky MEISTERSINGER.  Sadly that relay is no longer available to view - as they plan to release it on a commercial dvd next year. Gerald Finlay was a superb Sachs, and McVicar pulled the rabbit out of the hat with the production. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest54
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:50:42 am »

Exactly as in the case of the Turn of the Screw, members may use the Fire-Fox extension "Flash Video Downloader" in order to retain a valuable permanent record of this event.

In order to obviate "glitches" and "out-droppings" it is advisable to re-"boot" the computer and restart one's "mo-dem" prior to the attempt.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: